RT188P Storage Length with Jack Plate

Looking at buying a new RT188P, decked out w/ the Mercury Pro SX and Power Pole option. However, having difficulty finding out the overall storage length (tongue swung open) in the configuration after speaking with 2 different dealers and White River Marine Group (Ranger parent company). I have 22' 2" to work with in the garage at my current home.

It's my understanding Ranger offers either a Manual Jack Plate (reported to be 6" setback) or the TH Marine Micro Jacker (website lists 4" setback). Youtuber Mike Gilbert over at Working Class Zero posted a video about his new RT188P. He was kind enough to respond to an email I sent and said he went with the manual jack plate and it didn't quite fit his 22' garage straight in.

Ranger reports the storage length w/out jack plate to be 21' 8". Anyone have a similarly equipped RT188P that could possibly measure and confirm the actual storage length?

Thanks much!

Sorry, my 188P is in storage but the hydraulic plate you can order from factory is the 6” TH Atlas. Since they mount the poles directly to the jackplate on the 188P it can’t be the micro jacker since it doesn’t have holes for power pole adapter plates. So add 6” to that storage spec on Rangers website and it should be pretty close on for your storage number.

I will try and get you an actual measurement once I do get it out this weekend though.

3. Member
    Not sure on the 188, but I have a 178 that didn't fit in a 21' deep garage when pushed straight back in without a jack plate, and with the motor turned and the tongue swung out. I ended up building a bump out that gives me 23'. It fits well now and gives me about 6" of clearance for the garage door. I know this doesn't directly answer your questions, but I hope it gives you some context on what you are probably going to need.

4. Member
    That helps. Thanks!

5. Member
    Thank you very much!

6. Member
    I have a RT188 and I just measured. With the motor trimmed up and resting on my Motormate, it's 23' to where the tongue folds over. Another 2 feet with the tongue extended. I store my boat in a 28' long shelter and I have just enough room to walk around the front and back with the tongue extended.

Oh, and I have a 4" jackplate.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

7. Member
    Thanks for going to that effort and passing along those measurements!

8. Member
    So what is the boat total length without jack plate, motor down and turned and the tongue swung back? Thanks