Still searching for flake color

Hey guys , figure I just start a new thread on this , I’m not having a luck so far on finding a deffinate color of flake for my boat , so it’s a 1998 190sc tournament and it’s white with a royal blue flake, not bashing any of our distributors but they wasn’t any help without a color to supply them with , lol.i know it’s a standard color if anybody has a catalogue from 1998 with the color chips in it. Paul at minicraft said they have a royal blue .008 but not sure on the alpha content( I assume it’s the red green ect mixed in with it , anybody with knowledge of this , Pat Goff, or Lea would be great .
    this is worrying the crap out of me as I’m in the middle of a restore and until I can repair the top cap inlay my project will be incomplete !
    thanx again😎

2. Banned
    CAll Deans. They'll have the build sheet with the name of the color used. Then, you'll have to match it up with minicraft or polycryl.

3. Member
    Yea they didn’t have mine being a 98 there was a switch over time to libroc also and libroc don’t have it either , minicraft was absolutely no help at all , was fixing to call and talk to polycryl and there bout 10 miles from my work , I saw another post and Great Lakes skipper came up so I took a gander and poof there it was lol , they even show the color on there page and 8 oz was only 20 bucks and minicraft was 110 per pound and no garrentee it would be right , they wanted me to provide the color code not HIN ��
    also not vender bashing by any means but dang it’s like he didn’t wanna fool with the lil guy !

4. Banned
    mini craft is the devil to deal with

5. Member
    I've been going round with my 190SX and finally went to a glass guy locally to color match... And not I owe a thousand favors but was worth it.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Call charger they have a lot of older colors

7. Member
    lil update, I actullay got the original catalogue from 1998 and my boat color is called navy smoke , looks like royal but it is not , the catalogue didn’t have color chips but it did have color combos avail for tournament modals , great white skipper has a bunch of colors to look at ��

8. Member
    Reach out to Polycryl they make flake. They had 3 colors on last champion I fixed.

9. Member
    Update, Polycryl had my flake , it was navy but had silver and something else , $30 a pound and he had it to my door the next day , I was close but still went they mail , the guy that helped us named Kevin , super friendly and willing to help the small guy. They way he talked , he supplied champ,skeeter,legend and some others , he’s got a database of records , mixed it up and sent it ��

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    That’s great!

11. Member
    Glad I checked this thread, I need some flake myself... just sent them an email.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

12. Member
    Yes I need some also. $30 per pound for your color sounds really reasonable. That stuff has a shelf life of forever, doesn't it ? I wonder how much coverage a lb of that would get you. I need some also. Oh, wait, I already said that.

Edit : OP, I hope you can update this thread after you get your project done. I will be interested to see how close the color matches/flake are. Or do you already know?
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    Looks like a dead on match in the bag holding up next to boat, and should have life long shelf life , jus looks like a bag of glitter , one pound is deff not enough to do a whole boat per say , but he said it goes a long way , I’m jus doing repair on top cap inlay, I will prolly order a couple more pounds jus Incase , you never know lol, ohh, I forgot to mention , DONT SPILL IT lol that stuff will cling to everything. I’ve heard of people using salt shaker method for small repair and then clear over top also , not sure which route I’m taking and prolly won’t do it till this winter but I will update later with pics ✌️

14. Member
    I talked with Kevin today after sending an email with pictures of my boat. Got the right flake figured out and have a pound headed my way. This information should be saved in a pinned thread. They have all the flake formulations for champions and like previously stated, provide flake for most all boat manufacturers.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    I talked with Kevin today after sending an email with pictures of my boat. Got the right flake figured out and have a pound headed my way. This information should be saved in a pinned thread. They have all the flake formulations for champions and like previously stated, provide flake for most all boat manufacturers.
    + 1 for saving this info. I have too many irons in the fire right this very moment but I will trying to acquire the flake for my boat soon. Thanks for all the info.
    GETFISHED !!!

16. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    There is..and has been...a sticky up top titled Gel Coat Suppliers. Polycryl is listed. If any of you would like to add address and phone numbers, it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    There is..and has been...a sticky up top titled Gel Coat Suppliers. Polycryl is listed. If any of you would like to add address and phone numbers, it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Didn't realize that... after looking they are filed as gel coat supplies... maybe just a note stating source for flake. May just be me, but I wouldn't have put those two together.

18. Member
    Thank you Lea.
    GETFISHED !!!

19. Member
    I did ask Kevin if he could supply me with gel and reducers , he said no jus the flake,, need to get your supply’s from local body shop/paint store .