Question Seat removal for running cables

Has anyone had to remove their seat to run transducer cables from the bilge to the console? Can the driver seat be easily removed? This is for a CX-21 if it makes a difference.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    i have build pic. no holes behind or under seats. plastic tray does come out between seats to access some gas tank wiring, live wells, some budge wiring. 2d sonar wiring. In back compartment where batteries are, two doors to access 2d sonar, budge pumps, wiring, etc. On drivers side to run a 2-1 or 3-1,there's a tube for running all wiring. the shifter cover can be removed to help run wiring also.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    Has anyone had to remove their seat to run transducer cables from the bilge to the console? Can the driver seat be easily removed? This is for a CX-21 if it makes a difference.
    I bumped up Caymas plant tour Randy, showing photos of all access points.

4. Member
    No need to remove the seat that I am aware of. Caymas provided a nice sized rigging tube that runs from the bilge to the console and another one from the console to the bow. What I finally learned this past Friday is the tube is easily accessed by removing the USCG plate. You can use the pull string in the rigging tube or run a fish tape through it. Once you have the cable pulled through the tube, you can feed it by had through the rubber boot. The hardest part is getting to the rigging tube in the bilge. Since the lid doesn't lay flat or come off, it makes this task difficult.

Untitled3.png