Question 1987 Mariner 115hp Stalling\Surging above 3600rpm

At first, it was fine. Then, above 3600rpm, it would start surging. When this happened, for awhile afterwards, anytime you pushed on the throttle while in gear, it would sputter and die. Then, it would suddenly take off, and be fine, until I broke 3600rpm. If i put it in throttle advance (proper term?), and revved it, it was fine.
    For the back story, this boat, engine and trailer, sat for 15+ years. I've rehabbed it. Got the engine running last summer, at which point, the carbs where off and gone through, new carb kits used (all three of them), new water jacket gasket, rebuilt the fuel pump, all new fuel lines, cleaned out the fuel tank, replaced impeller, and lower unit gear lube. Since then, I've worked on the boat and trailer. Today was the first shakedown outing. I still need to get lids made for the additional storage, and some other stuff.
    While it was running decent, I had a max of 4800rpm. Which I believe is low, correct? I added a jackplate, will need to play with that. I replaced the tachometer, hopefully I hooked it up correctly.
    Serial # 0A976142

Here is video of it stalling out, sometimes dying, when I tried to take off.

A video of a holeshot, when it was working properly.

Suggestions?

2. Member
    Video of it at home, yesterday, on muffs.

3. Member
    sounds fuel related to me , run on seperate tank and hose to eliminate hose and bulb / tank as problem
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    I had the fuel filter in backwards. Runs great now!
    Thank you for the help.