Fxr 21 vs pheonix 21 elite

which one would be better shallow water fishing boat, and which would be better all around?

2. Member
    If you're fishing shallow and possibly in tight areas, I'd compare the 920 and FXR20. The 21 and 921 are large boats. I owned an older ZX skeeter, and have fished in many FX20&21, and my preference would be a Phoenix any day. Both are great boats, with similar layouts, but the Phoenix customer service and option to get a Merc would be the deciding factor for me.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

3. Member
    I fished zx's for 14 years. Great boats. Ride doesn't hold a candle to Phoenix.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

4. Member
    Ask this guy.

5. Member
    The Skeeter will have lower gunnels and a larger deck, the Phoenix will be faster by a touch. Layouts are similar but I do like the storage better on the Phoenix but some people do prefer the cooler being in the middle of the seats. I do think Skeeter did a lot nice job in the battery compartment area compared to the previous boats. The livewell system on the Skeeter is not my favorite.

6. Member
    The Skeeter has it's gas tank in the very back of the boat. The Bird is behind the drivers seat. The first thing to touch in shallow water is the back of the boat. A bird will draft shallower.
    2020 921elite

7. Member
    Your information is incorrect on the skeeter having the tank in the rear. New boats Zx, Fx, 17’ and up are underAnd behind the seats as well. Nothing like misinformation.

8. Member
    The one that floats the most shallow will be the one that sits the most level in the water. Since the Phoenix is a longer boat transom to bow, and has a larger rear deck, thus moving more weight forward, I would guess the Phoenix would fish a tad shallower.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    They are about the exact same as far as draft goes. If you would like give me a call, i can answer any questions you may have about the 2 different boats.
    859-240-0043

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendboy13 View Post
    Your information is incorrect on the skeeter having the tank in the rear. New boats Zx, Fx, 17’ and up are underAnd behind the seats as well. Nothing like misinformation.
    Didn't know this. I was basing my statement on the 14 years I was in a skeeter before moving to phoenix. Had no intention of sharing "misinformation". Glad they made the change.
    2020 921elite

11. Member
    I have a 920 Phoenix and a fxr 21 . First off the Phoenix is like a sports car ride you have to drive it to go fast it will sit lower in the water At the motor. The north rough water it will ride better than any . There were a few thing I didn’t like about Phoenix is why I went to a skeeter , and customer service will never be a down fall on a Phoenix . Skeeter feels more like a Cadillac it rides on top of waves just a different feel . The skeeter sits more level in water and will go in shallower water but not enough that will make any difference. Skeeter is a much slower boat but it’s a point and drive .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman3011 View Post
    There were a few thing I didn’t like about Phoenix is why I went to a skeeter
    can you elaborate on this please?
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

13. Member
    Phoenix trailer brakes went bad twice in 4 years , bunk scratch hull bad no mater what u do , carpet wears fast thinner carpet , seats suck in rough water you will bottom out on impact and I only weigh 175 pounds ,battery compartment small hard to get to pumps , takes forever to put gas in . All that said it did ride good in bad weather and was a dry ride and fun to drive . Live wells are huge and pump and drain in them are great ideas . You can’t build a boat to please everyone . I did love a lot about them and customer service is top notch . Also price really went up and I thought I’d try something different .