How to replace Line Tie on Chatterbait?

I recently purchased a few Jackhammer ChatterBait. All of them that I have used the line tie opener up. Its a very weak line tie. Here is my question. How the heck does someone replace that thing?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Right now I have about $75 worth of JackHammers that I can't use because the line tie opened up.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

2. Member
    Mustad Fastach. It's a little tricky to untwist them because of the hole spacing in the blade but once you see one of them not in the blade it'll make sense. Oh and it's a size 1 Mustad.

I prefer a good crosslock snap...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    You can pinch the snap lock hook ends down around the snap wire with pliers to close them up and make them more secure from opening on the factory snaps . Most blades will have two holes in them a small hole and a bigger hole . Put the open end of the replacement snap lock thru the small hole in the blade first and then grab the open end close to the hook end with needle nose pliers and twist it slightly to get it into the bigger hole . Once you've done it a few times it's a snap .

5. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ETN_Bullet View Post
    Mustad Fastach. It's a little tricky to untwist them because of the hole spacing in the blade but once you see one of them not in the blade it'll make sense. Oh and it's a size 1 Mustad.
    This is what I use, too ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

6. Moderator
    Interesting clip.

Send photos to Z-man and get some replacements. I've never had any issues with them opening up, and I've caught quite a few 7-8lb+ pike on them in addition to catching dozens of bass on a single bait before one of the aforementioned pike steals it. In the meantime, I'd listen to whatever 21XDC says. He knows a thing or two about building lures...
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

I will try this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    This is what I use, too ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Being in florida and fishing Hydro and other very hard cover we use 50-65 Lb braid so when you se the hook its a lot of force on the clasp. I have talked to the guys at I-Cast a few years back and they said braid is the enemy for this bait. I have tried to use Floro but have broken off a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Send photos to Z-man and get some replacements. I've never had any issues with them opening up, and I've caught quite a few 7-8lb+ pike on them in addition to catching dozens of bass on a single bait before one of the aforementioned pike steals it. In the meantime, I'd listen to whatever 21XDC says. He knows a thing or two about building lures...

They look thin, but those are very high-quality Decoy snaps. But with heavy braid and hitting them with a heavy rod, that's a lot of force. I'm not sure if you can put a larger size on the blade or not, but they are available.
    http://www.thehookuptackle.com/fishi...Decoy/Egg+Snap
    I can try to find out the size on there, but I would guess it's a 2 or 3, which would be 60lb or 70lb. Notice the fastach #1 is rated at only 25lb, though the ones I've used seem very strong.