Wax for new boat?

I have a Z19 Pro on order. First thing I want to do when I get it is apply a quality wax. What product(s) are you using?

thanks, Pat

2. Member
    Congrats on the boat!
    https://www.meguiars.com/marine/products
    Vic
    Preparedness plus Opportunity = Luck

Any auto or marine product will work as long as you use it and use it as much as possible. I tell my customers to pick any brand name “with UV protection of course” that is liquid instead of paste due to ease of use. The easier to use the more you’ll use it.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    The best, cheap, easy to use coating product right now is Turtle Wax Hybrid solutions. I normally do paint correction + ceramic coating on new vehicles, but when my boat arrives it is getting the Hybrid solutions treatment. There are plenty of reviews of it, amazing stuff surprisingly coming from turtle wax.

5. Member
    Thanks for the ideas guys!

6. Member
    i also use meguiars.

7. Member
    Also to add I was using bass boat saver in between waxes. I wipe the boat down every time i pulling it off the water and use bass boat saver when i get home. I have recently seen a post from someone on here about lucas oil slick mist. I found it at advanced auto and i think that stuff is also good. I recommend either of those in between waxes.

8. Member
    Hot Sauce is a great product for wipe down at the ramp- nails all the water spots, and cuts the grime, and has a little something extra in it to add shine. Right now it is very tough to get- not sure why, maybe Covid supply issues.
    I made up some of Brian Lattimer's secret formula- 1/3 white vinegar, 1/3 peroxide, and 1/3 blue Dawn original formula. Had to cut way back on the Dawn- it left a lot of soap residue.

9. Member
    Meguiars
    I wax a couple time a year and use the ultimate quick spray wax after every trip. My boat is a 2013 and still looks as good as the day i bought it.

10. Member
    I did the meguiars marine wax and use Lucas slick mist about every other time I wipe the boat down at the end of the day.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    Just bought a new Z 19 this spring. I used the Maguires marine flag ship wax. Stuff is awesome. Been on there all spring and summer and still smooth as glass. Friend of mines family has a 2 million dollar yacht and they only use meguiars and Collinite on it. Not to mention his son tuna fishes and captains peoples boats for a living and was a professional detailer before that and he swears by meguiars. It’s a polymer wax. I wouldn’t use a plain carnauba wax Because it doesn’t last as long as polymer waxes. Also I use bass boat saver And 303 after every time I use the boat. If you can’t find BBS, the boat bling hot sauce works pretty much the same.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    97 Skeeter ZX 185c

12. Member
    The turtle wax hybrid ceramic stuff is amazing. Easy to apply and beads water for weeks.

13. Member
    Lucas slick mist

14. Member
    My boat is 4 years old and has never been waxed. I use Bow to Stern and have for a long time. I seldom wash my boat with soap and water as a wet rag followed by a dry towel gets it show room shiny. Every few months a put on a new coat of BTS. I’d rather be making baits than waxing a boat.

Pro-Tec Sealant Polish. Best protection you can put on your finish. Last longer than any wax. Easy to apply and remove.

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

16. Member
    Hot sauce is the way to go!!!...Buy direct from the company in the 5 Gallon size ,, best buy ..great product use after each trip.

17. Member
    I applied 3M Perfect-It Boat Wax over everything right after I got mine, 2020 z19 Pro, then I have been using 3M Perfect-It Gel Coat Medium Cutting Compound Plus Wax to remove stubborn smudges and scratches.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewisboy View Post
    The turtle wax hybrid ceramic stuff is amazing. Easy to apply and beads water for weeks.

19. Member
    I use Collinite once or twice a year and Bass Boat Saver or Slick Mist every time I come off the water.

20. Member
    Pro-Tec sealant-polish for me. Good stuff e-z to use