2001 Ranger Electronics

I have a 2001 Ranger 522vx. Last night I went to update the electronics and they would not power up. even with all breakers turned on and not a bad battery. after trouble shooting i found that one of the breakers had gone bad. so i replaced the breaker and now the keypad that controls bilge, aerators, lights, horn, etc is acting weird. when i flip the breakers on, the keypad will light up initially then nothing. i used a tester and both the front and driver control pad have 12 volts to them but wont work. (so i know it isnt a fuse issue.) I know the keypads are hooked together. am I looking at a bad control panel?

I’d would check your ground

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    I’d would check your ground
    Thanks Larryhyco. Can you elaborate for me a little bit? sorry Im no Mechanic. Also, everything else is working as it should.

4. Member
    He means the black ground wire coming from both of the control pads. Make sure they are still connected and have good contact. You should also check the ground wires on your battery. Make sure they are all still connected with a good clean contact.

5. Member
    I will Check those for sure and let you know. Thanks Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    He means the black ground wire coming from both of the control pads. Make sure they are still connected and have good contact. You should also check the ground wires on your battery. Make sure they are all still connected with a good clean contact.
    This is exactly what I meant

7. Member
    Well Guys, I was in the Boat about to start Working on Cleaning Connections and following Ground wires when I heard a Click come from the Fuse box - Motherboard. so I went up and wiggled the wire connections to the fuse box and all the pumps turned on and the horn started blaring.

I went to the back and flipped the breaker. after about 5 minutes I reset the Breaker and as of now. everything is working as it should. guessing I had a bad connection at the fuse box. just weird that everything else worked yet.

appreciate all the help.

thanks