8/22/20 fishing report.

Today I got on a small electric only lake at 5:45. Me and my friend started with top water, I got 2 with a buzz bait and one with a spook style bait. One was a nice 17” fish. Then the bite stopped Lol. Finally at about 10:30 we found a spot on the East side of the lake that had shade and some grass I got another 16” bass with a spinner bait and my friend got 3 nice 16”to17” bass with a stick worm just casting it up close to the bank and working it slow. Really nice morning to fish. Water temp was 78ish water was normal Iowa late summer color. The lake was at least 2ft low. We need some rain bad. Some of the trees are changing color and the crops are getting brown already. I think some of the beans are really suffering. I’m glad I don’t farm because it would be really stressful time.
    How is the fishing going for the rest of you guys?

2. Member
    Fished pararie rose today for 5 hours from 7 til noon. Lots of cookie cutter 14 1/2 to 16 inch fish mostly in 5 to 12 foot of water. Really didn't matter what bait you used on a Texas rig as long as you were using a black with blue flake or junebug color. I caught 30 something and my partner caught 20 something.
    John the Garage Doorman

3. Member
    Thanks for the report on PR. That’s a lot of bass I bet your thumb is all tore up!!!

I haven’t been out much lately but it has been terrible for me. I think Prairie Rose will be my next trip.