Anyone else focusing on yellow perch for largemouth?

I've been working on finding the numbers again, after they left the deep grass a couple of weeks ago (multiple area lakes). May have found a piece of the puzzle yesterday (7-9 PM), got 12 by finding the perch schools on the bottom grass (which ran to 15' or so) and fishing outside them on the drop. Got a dozen 1.5-2.5#, all in exactly 20', 9 on the DS. All the DS fish came off the same 50' stretch.

2. Member
    Never really thought about using them to target bass before but yesterday at the camp 3 fish I caught on the DS had perch half down their throats.....

3. Member
    I got 6 at Island this afternoon - 4 small guys on the DS, and 2 decent ones on a 5" boot tail on a 1 oz underspin, following bait schools - including a #3-7 after the first thunderstorm passed. I've been sharing most of my spots in August with the loons.

4. Moderator
    Never thought of following perch for largemouth. I know smallies will feed on them.

Whenever I'm not catching anything I go looking for perch.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Whenever I'm not catching anything I go looking for perch.

There's lot of ponds and lakes that are absolutely loaded with small yellow perch, and they'll roam in massive bait balls all over the place...