Mercury Engine Faults on Solix?

I have found some posts from 2018 that it’s not possible to receive Mercury Vessel View engine faults at your Solix. I was hopeful that in the last two years of updates maybe this is now possible? When my buddies ‘09 Evinrude sends faults to the screen of his Garmin I was shocked Humminbird didn’t have this figured out on their top of the line units. Just as background info I installed my Gen 1 Solix, vessel view, and NMEA2000 system some years ago and utilize the basic info but if I have an alarm from my Merc I’m hopeful to know what it is.

Thanks!

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have my Mercury Outboard connected to my Solix through the NEMA 2000 network and receive all the available engine data. I'm not sure what you mean by "faults" but I can get temps, pressures, gas efficiency, and etc. I'm pretty sure I did get a high temp warning on the Solix one time when I had the boat partially up on the lift and it wasn't picking up enough water to cool the engine while idling. I have the Solix G2 but also had this connected to my previous Solix G1 as well.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I have my Mercury Outboard connected to my Solix through the NEMA 2000 network and receive all the available engine data. I'm not sure what you mean by "faults" but I can get temps, pressures, gas efficiency, and etc. I'm pretty sure I did get a high temp warning on the Solix one time when I had the boat partially up on the lift and it wasn't picking up enough water to cool the engine while idling. I have the Solix G2 but also had this connected to my previous Solix G1 as well.
    I was hopeful that if my system started beeping I could read the alarm details on my Solix through the NMEA setup.

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanVFL View Post
    I was hopeful that if my system started beeping I could read the alarm details on my Solix through the NMEA setup.
    I haven't had it happen but I think it would do a "popup" message with the information.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers