Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexomaDan View Post
    This is more than a curiosity to me! I was laid off in late 2019 (pre-covid) due to low oil and gas prices. The industry was already having issues prior to covid. It is likely that I will retire early because of ongoing limited job opportunities (been looking for a year).

BUT, I did buy several oil and pipeline stocks during the pandemic. It is hard to overlook these stocks when some are paying 7-10% dividends. I did also buy several other non-oil stocks during the March-April lows, so doing quite well. I think that the oil/gas/pipeline stocks will outperform over the next 18 months.
    I remember when Kinder Morgan cut their dividend by 75% overnight. The stock tanked quite quickly.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dvl2700 View Post
    I purchased 75 shares of XOM on 10-29 at 32.10 per share. Seemed like a good move on a high dividend stock. Oil will be with us for the next decade until electric is more available and cheaper to the masses. Wish I had more money to throw at it and other stocks but most of my money is tied up in Vanguard ETF's.
    Big question now is how long do I hang on before pulling the trigger and selling ? Right now resting on a 20% gain.

Well I sold my XOM Exon at 46.98 on the way down. Then it went right back up to above 50. Ugh. I see it was back back down to 49 and today is slightly above 50. I guess the question is do I jump back in to XOM, or pick up a different oil related stock ? What says you ?

I believe big oil will come back with this admin, remember when gas was almost $4 a gallon? Guess who was in control then.
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

4. idbefishing
    Wow. Congrats to you guys that have been holding XOM, CVX, etc since November

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Wow. Congrats to you guys that have been holding XOM, CVX, etc since November
    I’ve been holding XOM for over ten years. I’m hoping to get even some day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123