Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    As I read the balance sheet, they are divesting the midstream stuff that is a liability. They are retaining their profitable lines, so I don't think the MLP is dying, they are jettisoning the laggard parts of the revenue stream and focusing more narrowly on their upstream stuff. Who knows, but after the ROC, my cost basis is only $.20 per share, so as long as they continue to pay the ROC/dividend, I'm fine with it.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

Exxon has drawn my interest. How low will XOM go? How confident are you with the dividend not being cut?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Exxon has drawn my interest. How low will XOM go? How confident are you with the dividend not being cut?
    Zero, but I’m down too far to sell. It’s in a IRA, so I can’t write off the loss.

4. Member
    Bought some more XOM today. 33.33, still holding on to some cash for any crazyness. Will continue to average down on sale prices.

5. Member
    I bought more COP and BP. I will keep averaging down till the election is over....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

I believe I'll buy some XOM on a Wednesday afternoon.

7. Member
    Got some more BP, Oxy, and XOM today. Never seen a sector so beat down.

8. Member
    It is time now? A lot are at 52w lows but could it go lower after the election?
    Of course it could but is it likely?

9. Member
    I just bought more TOT and COP. They keep dropping the prices and I keep buying. Small batches of 20-30 shares, all the way to the bottom, wherever that may be....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

10. Member
    Just sold all my big oil for roughly 15% gains across the board. I wasn't expecting the quick jump, but I had no choice but to take the profits given....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

11. Member
    Rally Rally Rally, Happy Thanksgiving.

12. Member
    I purchased 75 shares of XOM on 10-29 at 32.10 per share. Seemed like a good move on a high dividend stock. Oil will be with us for the next decade until electric is more available and cheaper to the masses. Wish I had more money to throw at it and other stocks but most of my money is tied up in Vanguard ETF's.
    Big question now is how long do I hang on before pulling the trigger and selling ? Right now resting on a 20% gain.

13. Member
    You got a tremendous price and pulled the trigger at a perfect time, it started going back on about the 1st of November. I'm holding Exxon for the long, as long as they keep the dividend. I cost averaged down to 36 something. Hard for me to find a better place to collect 10 percent. The Big Question is always the Big Question.

14. Member
    Alright, what are the thoughts now with the current situations we're looking at? I'm debating. Gas is going up as we can see, but I don't think that necessarily means better profit for these stocks. How about stocks like EQT and COG? Anyone thinking about buying some natural gas stocks?

15. Member
    I'm still holding on and long on the dividends many of these stocks are providing. I've trimmed a few positions on companies that I didn't like the direction they were headed, but have been buying more pipeline companies like ET and KMI. Sentiment in the analysis world has certainly shifted.

16. Member
    I'm holding onto my oil and midstream stocks expecting more upside. Note that financial articles now are discussing a bull market in commodities, including oil. That should continue the upward rise in pricing.

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    My oil stocks have done well. Up a little over 100% on my Parsley Energy. I just wish I had bought 10x as much. Still going up since the stocks were converted to shares of PXD after their purchase.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    WOW look at oil, I had no idea.

We might be entering into a goldilocks phase where the price of oil maintains higher prices which helps big oil and EV companies.

19. Member
    I'm still holding. I think we still have a long way to climb.

20. Member
    This is more than a curiosity to me! I was laid off in late 2019 (pre-covid) due to low oil and gas prices. The industry was already having issues prior to covid. It is likely that I will retire early because of ongoing limited job opportunities (been looking for a year).

BUT, I did buy several oil and pipeline stocks during the pandemic. It is hard to overlook these stocks when some are paying 7-10% dividends. I did also buy several other non-oil stocks during the March-April lows, so doing quite well. I think that the oil/gas/pipeline stocks will outperform over the next 18 months.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast