Tesla & Apple. Buy now or wait for split?

I’m wanting to buy into these two since they announced the split. Should I go ahead and buy now or wait until after the split? I won’t be buying a large amount. I don’t know how stocks normally act after a split. Run up or down?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    Technically there should be a dip right around split time, either before, after, or both. I bet it will be before, and that's when it's normally best to buy, but with the way things have been going, who knows if they'll be one or not

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Today is the record date for TSLA, could there be some selling after today? Hell if I know. But depending on how much money you want to invest in TSLA, it might be better to wait till after the split. If I want to invest 5K I could buy two shares now or wait for the split prices and build a position more slowly on pullbacks. If I'm spending 10K or more, it wouldn't matter to me when I built my position.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    They just keep climbing now. Unreal.

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm guessing we're going to start seeing other potential stock split stocks start running up on hopes they will split.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I'm guessing we're going to start seeing other potential stock split stocks start running up on hopes they will split.
    Amazon and Google would be two I would like to see split just for purposes of trading options on them. I sold a cash secured put on Amazon a few months back and it would have been a 177,000.00 payment if it was assigned. Be nice to write multiple contracts at different levels for smaller positions. Right now if it gets assigned it’s definitly a full position��

I talked to my investment person and went ahead and bought a fee shares with some profits I took from a couple of other stocks. She said it’s super risky but could pay off big.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I talked to my investment person and went ahead and bought a fee shares with some profits I took from a couple of other stocks. She said it’s super risky but could pay off big.
    In the long term unless something crazy happens, it will be a good buy. TSLA is more risky than AAPL in my opinion, although I'm sure some people disagree

10. Member
    I have shares of both... will be holding to spilt, expect a fall at some point, but a year or two from now... will it matter?

Some research to share on splits...

Amazon has split its stock 3 times...post split rally, on average, 209%.
    Microsoft has split its stock 9 times....post split rally, on average, 47%.
    McDonalds has split its stock 9 times......post split rally, on average, 22%
    Coca-Cola has split its stock 9 times...post split rally, on average, 11%.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.