2020 Classic XL Tackle Boxes and Storage?

I have a 2020 Classic XL and am looking for a way to store tackle without having to have tackle boxes all over the boat.

I've seen some boats that have special compartments for the flat clear boxes and that looks really neat and clean but I don't think there is a system for the Classic XL.

I'm looking for advice to keep the clutter down in my boat.

Advice please?

2. Member
    No ideas?

3. #FRB
    If it were my boat I'd cram as much rarely used stuff as possible in that compartment under the front deck and use that storage area in the back for tackle. Other option would be to extend the front deck to make extra storage but then you'd have to go through that to get to the compartment under the front deck.

Or are you referring to organizing a bunch of stowaways in the existing storage compartments?
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

4. Member
    if you do only catch and release the livewell would make good good storage area just check for any feedback of water

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    If it were my boat I'd cram as much rarely used stuff as possible in that compartment under the front deck and use that storage area in the back for tackle. Other option would be to extend the front deck to make extra storage but then you'd have to go through that to get to the compartment under the front deck.

Or are you referring to organizing a bunch of stowaways in the existing storage compartments?
    I wasn't really referring to the stowaway idea but it appears that may be my best option.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    if you do only catch and release the livewell would make good good storage area just check for any feedback of water
    Normally I tend to eat what I catch if they're legal to keep.

7. Member
    you might even fit a cooler with ice for fish and other items in livewell area i know its not to big i have been looking at these boats and i can see storage as issue

8. Member
    There is no doubt that storage is an issue... I hate clutter in a boat. I'm going to have to be very careful about what tackle I actually NEED on each trip.

9. Member
    for me it always comes down to a worm rod stay safe with storms approaching

10. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by LDHunter View Post
    There is no doubt that storage is an issue... I hate clutter in a boat. I'm going to have to be very careful about what tackle I actually NEED on each trip.
    I know most people could get away with a fraction of what they actually carry. Most of the time I can do just fine with a couple 3700's with cranks in them but most of my tackle is taken up by soft plastics that 90% of them are just in there for no good reason. I hate clutter in a boat too and tackle must stay organized at all times. I do think in the Classic XL using stowaways in that rear storage compartment would be the best way to go even if you don't like that idea. Just stack them on their end and use something as a "book end" to hold them up and be done with it. Could also get creative and build slots in there to hold them up like an old tape case.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I know most people could get away with a fraction of what they actually carry. Most of the time I can do just fine with a couple 3700's with cranks in them but most of my tackle is taken up by soft plastics that 90% of them are just in there for no good reason. I hate clutter in a boat too and tackle must stay organized at all times. I do think in the Classic XL using stowaways in that rear storage compartment would be the best way to go even if you don't like that idea. Just stack them on their end and use something as a "book end" to hold them up and be done with it. Could also get creative and build slots in there to hold them up like an old tape case.
    I was packing for a trip to visit my family in Florida and I planned on using their boat while I was down there. I found out I can pack pretty much everything I need in a small satchel type tackle box that holds two 3600s and has room for a 5-10 bags of plastics and terminal tackle.

12. Member
    Thanks guys.... Good ideas and assurances that I won't need a boat load of tackle to catch a few fish. LOL