Help with Lake O

I am new to Florida and need someone to help me become more familiar with safe navigation around Lake O. I own my own Ranger Z522 and would cover all expenses . Any contact info would be appreciated! Thanks JLM

2. Member
    PM sent

3. Member
    I'd listen to perfect storm...He'd run you in that lake at 10 feet when most others are complaining about low water level and afraid to leave the rim ditch. Then again he has common sense, a lot of boaters on Big O seem to lack that when the water is low and think they can run into areas they did when the water was at 12-14.

4. Member
    Agreed but lake is right at 14 ft right now, so you can run pretty much anywhere

5. Member
    I'm in okee and you can runaround just watch depth when you jump up a lot of rocks and hard bottom here

6. Banned
    Another "newbie" shocking. Just get in a single file line with all the other newbie chickadee's and form a learning group! Yall transplants out number us! On a serious note... Join a local bass club. (1) that will expose you to different ramps and (2) should you get in trouble on the water you will have assistance getting back safely. (3) if the tx director knows what he is doing then he will put yall at areas or lakes that are typically good at the date given for the tx. So in theory u can learn which lakes fish good at certain times.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 08-23-2020 at 09:37 PM.

7. Member
    Thanks for the "kind" words Manatee ! Sure hope you never have to move out of state, Please reach out to me if you need info on Lake Champlain, 1000 Islands, or Lake Murray.

8. Banned
    Me, move out of state... R u kidding me. I can retire from the fire dept in about 6 years. I pointed out ways and reasons to get familiar with your area.