RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE

years ago I owned a Canon A1, several lens, including a 70-210 Zoom which I used frequently.

Thinking of getting back to the hobby and looking for camera/lense recommended and want to spend around 1000.00. perhaps a dealer or mail order source for necessary hear.

Will be shooting wildlife in the Smokey Mountains National Park. Hike there frequently see black bear, deer and wild turkey.

Lots of waterfalls and creeks too.

Thanks.

2. Member
    I went Nikon 5600 DSLR, 24 MP as it allowed for some enlargements with minimal grain. With that said its difficult to recommend a camera as I am not sure how you will use it. Straight digital photography with minimal enlargement get a lower pixel and spend your money on a lenses of your choice. Making print and enlarging get a higher MP and save for the lenses. I went the Nikon route as the lenses from my old 35MM fit the new camera. Not sure about your Cannon though. I have found that when talking to guys with cameras in most cases what they started with. is what they end up with. I got into Nikon as that is what my uncle used starting in the 60's. I miss those old family get together slide shows.
    IMO opinion there are really two choices when buying a new camera Getting it from your local camera shop pays divdends in the long run even if the initial price is higher. (mine closed up DANG)Or just go online.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Member
    I have Nikon also. Started with a D50, added a D100 and the last one I got was a D5300. One thing I added to all of them was a motor drive. The extra bulk at the bottom makes it easier to hold the camera.

4. Member
    Thanks, to all who responded. You were helpful.