Garmin Force Pedal Hardwire Voltage

The Garmin Force foot pedal can operate on 10 to 45 volts. My trolling motor is on a 24v system. Do y'all think it would be better to hardwire it to the 12v cranking battery or the 24v trolling motor circuit? I'm thinking wire it up on 24v with the motor. I've been using AA batteries but I've gone through 2 sets already in just a few months.

2. Member
    How do you like the Force?

3. Member
    I really liked it....then started having some problems.....but Garmin is doing a good job of resolving them.

I’m planning on posting my thoughts in one of the Force review threads. When I do I’ll link the post in this thread.

Any of you gurus have an opinion of wiring the foot pedal to the trolling motor circuit vs the graphs circuit?

4. Member
    It shouldn't matter. Surprised about the batteries though. My first set lasted me about 14 or 15 months.

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    It shouldn't matter. Surprised about the batteries though. My first set lasted me about 14 or 15 months.

Retired grass grower
    Thanks. I might be blaming the batteries for a different issue. Either way I thought I’d try hardwiring anyway.

Just hardwire to your house battery switch. This way the pedal will go off and on with the switch. You’ll never need to think about AA battery’s again. Less of course you run your trolling motor from the console or rear deck with the pedal.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Find 12 volts in the bow there's usually a couple up there for graphs and stuff ,I like my force but I just received a notice of a new download for a problem now this is were the problem lies in as I'm dumb as a rock on this stuff,I just want to go fishing

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    Find 12 volts in the bow there's usually a couple up there for graphs and stuff ,I like my force but I just received a notice of a new download for a problem now this is were the problem lies in as I'm dumb as a rock on this stuff,I just want to go fishing
    I definitely have easy access to 12V at the bow. Those hungry graphs are sucking hard at that straw. I guess I could've simplified my initial post and asked if there was any downside to wiring the foot pedal to the 24V trolling motor circuit. Ring Fry answered that for me although ifishinxs has a good point about wiring through the switch.

If you have a smart phone then using the active captain app to update your software shouldn't be difficult. There are a few steps but it's hard to mess up. If you have trouble, I (or someone here that actually knows their stuff) could help you.

9. Member
    Yes I guess I'll get that app and try it. I've paired all but it said my pairing with graph was complete but I can't find nothing on graph are you supposed to be able to follow contour lines once it works .sorry for high jack

10. Member
    Here are some good instructions from Garmin. There’s also a video toward the bottom of the page. Like I said, there are a few steps but it’s not nearly as complicated as it looks. Garmin stuff is pretty intuitive.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...1uA8ybAPh25Es6

I don’t think the force will follow contour lines but it will definitely follow tracks from the chart plotter. You can create a route, save it, then follow that.

11. Member
    To followup, I wired the pedal into the 24v circuit with the trolling motor power wires. Works great. Saved the voltage on the 12v leg for my bow units. Like it better than the AAs.

Quote Originally Posted by ajw18 View Post
    To followup, I wired the pedal into the 24v circuit with the trolling motor power wires. Works great. Saved the voltage on the 12v leg for my bow units. Like it better than the AAs.
    And you wont have to worry about battery's.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,