Let's talk birds for a minute....

So with Canada still being closed this year as of now, anyone changing plans to go kill waterfowl??? I had tentatively planned going back to sk this fall but it dont look promising now. Read an article today about north Dakota being shoulder to shoulder with hunters this fall and was wondering who is still going north or west for the flight.

2. Member
    Yea, I'm bummed out yearly trip to Saskatchewan won't happen. I'll still hunt here in CA on the public area's. We have a goose hunt we do every year in the Sac Valley that hopefully will still happen.

3. Member
    I don't think ND will be any worse than normal. The hunting there, overall, isn't what it used to be. It's been crowded for a while. I live in MN, and don't even bother with that state.
    I would believe most that make an annual trip to Canada won't bother with ND if the border remains closed. The only change I could see is the outfitters having a little more business than usual. I guess only time will tell, and either way, it won't affect my season.

4. Member
    I heard from a buddy that was there for early goose. It is a friggin zoo!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

5. Member
    It always is.

6. Member
    Did shoot limits of doves this morning. Takes some of the no Canada sting away.

7. Member
    Normally I go to NY for early goose but my buddy just had a kid last week so this year is out for me. I'm in a crap hole this year as I cant go to canada and my semi local places to go dont exist due to extra curricular circumstances. My local flock of geese are hold up eating grass on the local PD's front lawn so I'm sort of porked. Looks like I will be fishing more this fall.....