Thread: Chequamegon Bay

Chequamegon Bay

My son would like to go up to Chequamegon for a few days next year for smallies. This would have to be a summer trip sometime between mid June through August due to my son's schedule. What would be the best time for numbers? Who is a good guide for the bay? Josh Teigen seems like a knowledgeable guide and a good kid that I would enjoy fishing with. Has anybody gone out with him and who else would be worth checking out?

2. Member
    I haven't fished with Josh, but have seen him on the water up there before.

Another option to look into is Aron Kastern with Unlimited Trophy Outfitters. I haven't fished with Aron, but have seen him on the water as well as talked to him at the ramp on more than one occasion. He was a very personable guy and willing to share information with us even though we weren't his paying clients. I wouldn't hesitate to book with him. I'm not sure if he still does, but one day we talked to him he was helping out Josh by taking a few of his guys from a large group.

As for timing and numbers of fish, I think you'd be better off going in June rather than July or August.

Good luck, and I'll be following along on this thread as well to see what others have to say.

Josh is a great stick and awesome angler as well. Nothing bad to about him that I can think of. Personally I would suggest Nate Baron owner of Up North Guide Service. Nate is a friend and very good guy and has lived/fished up there most of his life. I have a lot of faith in him! Time wise if possible the earlier the better. Early to mid June you might still be fishing beds and pre spawn fish up there. August would be the toughest time more than likely.

4. Member
    Been out with Aaron a few times. Will always put you on fish. If the timing is right you can catch numbers and size on the Bay. June is definitely a great time to be up there. Have fun!