Helix 12 G2N Losing Transducer

I am running 3 Helix 12 g2's and recently updated one of them so i could upload a map too it off the humminbird app. When I updated the software my 2 console units started losing the transducer when i would get on pad. When I get off pad my units kinda freeze up and show a blurry slow moving screen of what I had before. Usually after a few minutes it will pick it back up again and start working fine. I thought maybe it was because I had only updated the software in one unit, so I updated them all. I am still getting the same issue. Is there anywhere to get old software updates? I want to go back to an older software version to see if my problem goes away. Thank you!

If you installed the current software version, you cannot go back. It states that in first paragraph of the description.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Well any other ideas?

4. Member
    I'm running the software update prior to the most recent version. Have the same issue as you. Takes a minute to find the bottom when coming out of shallow water or coming off pad. I lost a lot of clarity in my SI & DI images with the update as well. Have not been able to get them back to where they were prior to the update. I can still see fish and identify cover, just don't have those super sharp "mega" image details that I did before. Have had to play with different SI color pallets to make it work. Got in two different buddies boats within the last couple months to help them tune their graphs, both had older software...really made me regret updating

Hoping Humminbird comes out with something soon that will get these things resolved.

5. Member
    Same issues guys... Update sucked. My SI on the right side of my boat is also completely shot after the update. Just shows a very dark reading. I have to restart my units sometimes just to get my depth up and reading again. Temp reading never goes away so I know its not losing connection but that's what it acts like. PLEASE FIX HUMMINBIRD

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcbrent-2012 View Post
    Same issues guys... Update sucked. My SI on the right side of my boat is also completely shot after the update. Just shows a very dark reading. I have to restart my units sometimes just to get my depth up and reading again. Temp reading never goes away so I know its not losing connection but that's what it acts like. PLEASE FIX HUMMINBIRD
    Well I am loosing my depth reading, sonar, DI and SI all freeze, Chartselect maps do not want to load, this is crap.

After doing it the same way for years, why Humminbird did you make such a major change? Yes I know it was in the email, I did not get. I have 2.180, but nothing on 2.280. I will be calling tomorrow. If I get told I need to ship them my two units, 10 and a 12 (flush mounted) then I am done with Humminbird. Had them for almost 15 years. Someone is going to get an ear full tomorrow, maybe a little donkey BBQ.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34