Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Orange Lochloosa Tips?

Hey guys, I haven’t fished lake Orange or Lochloosa in 20 years, but next month our club is fishing out of Orange Lake.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me a report? How the summer has been? Walk in Water was pretty ridiculously tough last weekend, really humbled my normally boastful self.

Im going to fish Orange as much as I can the next 4 weeks but just looking for a place to start. From what I remember from being there 20 years ago it was full of cover, both shoreline and offshore but who knows what the FWC has done!

Thanks for any pointers! Chris
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    When is your tournament next month? Our club is out there on 9/20. We have 20 to 25 boats. I will start prefishing next week. I haven't been out there in about a year, but last year the water quality was pathetic thanks to the spraying and the hydrilla was slim to none. Hopefully that has changed.
    Brad Krone

orange is wall to wall hydrilla and low.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    BcBrad and BOATS have me confused! I know “we” don’t share much in this section but those are very different views of the lakes. That area has been getting good rain the last couple months so I figured the lakes would be high. Walk in water was 6-8” higher last weekend than it was 4 weeks ago, you couldn’t get under some of the docks cause the water was up so high.

I was was wondering if there was offshore hydrilla to be found...we all know WIW hasn’t had any offshore vegetation since the hurricanes, sad cause that lake was badass in the early 90s!

BCBrad, we are fishing the 19th, not more than 10-12 boats this time of year. Wimps don’t like the heat!

Good luck this weekend, I will be cleaning my garage out for the boat. I finally got tired of having to drive and pick it up every single weekend and covering it and leaving it outside. We ordered a 12 yard dumpster and this garage is getting emptied!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I think the lake is leaking again, remember Orange was empty for a few years due to a sink hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    BcBrad and BOATS have me confused! I know “we” don’t share much in this section but those are very different views of the lakes. That area has been getting good rain the last couple months so I figured the lakes would be high. Walk in water was 6-8” higher last weekend than it was 4 weeks ago, you couldn’t get under some of the docks cause the water was up so high.

I was was wondering if there was offshore hydrilla to be found...we all know WIW hasn’t had any offshore vegetation since the hurricanes, sad cause that lake was badass in the early 90s!

BCBrad, we are fishing the 19th, not more than 10-12 boats this time of year. Wimps don’t like the heat!

Good luck this weekend, I will be cleaning my garage out for the boat. I finally got tired of having to drive and pick it up every single weekend and covering it and leaving it outside. We ordered a 12 yard dumpster and this garage is getting emptied!
    And we were just there end of 19 and the hydrilla is wall to wall like I said. There are guys blowing engines.

And BCB May be reffering to lochloosa, that place was sprayed into a mudhole.

Boats I was planning to go to orange this weekend is the lake choke out with hydrilla ?

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Cassie, about Orange holding water, it's all about our water table to the north and surrounding areas, yes we have had some major rains but not in all areas. Our water table here is down a couple of feet and when that happens the sink hole at Orange will drain. I live near a wetland and when it holds water I know the water table is stable and full.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFLA View Post
    Boats I was planning to go to orange this weekend is the lake choke out with hydrilla ?
    yes

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I completely forgot about the sinkhole! Thanks for reminding me guys. Our club is a random draw and there are some lakes on the list, like Lake Fairview, that just need to be removed!

After Fairview and Weohyakapka I could use some hydrilla! Too bad I have a 16 yard dumpster in my driveway. This weekend is remove everything from the garage, make a place for the boat, and reorganize! Not like there’s a hurricane coming or anything

anyone been there in the past 2 weeks , how is the water level? thanks!

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

13. Member
    I completely forgot about the sinkhole! Thanks for reminding me guys. Our club is a random draw and there are some lakes on the list, like Lake Fairview, that just need to be removed!

After Fairview and Weohyakapka I could use some hydrilla! Too bad I have a 16 yard dumpster in my driveway. This weekend is remove everything from the garage, make a place for the boat, and reorganize! Not like there’s a hurricane coming or anything
    Lake Fairview in Orlando on a week end? If so, you are a glutton for punishment with its recreational traffic.

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Lake Fairview in Orlando on a week end? If so, you are a glutton for punishment with its recreational traffic.
    The boat traffic wasn’t as bad as most Orlando lakes but my lord were the fish uncooperative! I have been tomOrange a few times in the last couple weeks and they’re not very cooperative there either! The lake looks amazing, looks like there should be a 10 pounder literally everywhere!

Plenty of huge mudfish, and my buddy caught a 9.4 but that was the only fish that day. It was a great fish to be the only 1!

The 89.5 degree water temps, bluebird skies, and heat stroke aren’t the best conditions...but my lord this place is kicking my ass!

...but my lord this place is kicking OUR ass!
    FIFY

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles