Thread: Kayak

Kayak

I'm a bass boat guy but retired this year and will start hitting the road with the fifth wheel camper. It is gonna kill me to go somewhere there is a nice lake and not have my boat. I don't really want to do the double pull plus I'd be to long. Camper is 31' Ranger 26' plus truck.

So I was thinking about a fishing kayak. I have a bike rack on back of camper for mountain bikes. I'm not sure if a rack on top of the truck would work with fifth wheel. I might be able to get a 8' or 10' yak inside the camper.

Any ideas on good portable yaks. I know they have inflatables but would be worried of air leaks with hooks and all.

I was looking at the Point65 Tequila GTX Angler but can't find much in way of reviews. The way it goes together' I was afraid water would come in. This will be my first yak so any advise would be great.
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury

Not sure what your bike rack looks like, or how you would attach your kayak; but I've been very happy with my Pelican Catch sit on top. Very easy to maneuver and handle by yourself. Uses Hobie's first gen pedal drive system...except it's significantly less expensive.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin