Scotty Cameron Putters

I have been toying with getting a new putter. I have found a few I like that are not Scotty's and dang the price of all of them are crazy but the Scotty's are WOW! So for the guys & gals that have them. Are they worth it to you?

2. Member
    I have a few actually but I don't use them now, as I rotate based on my mood. I enjoy the quality of them and know that the spec's are real. I like Tigers new one that you can adjust the weights....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

3. Member
    I like the blade style Cameron putters, have never cared for their mallet design putters, I have four at the moment (2 Lagunas, squareback, and a fastback) and have owned about five others over the years, I prefer the older putters. They feel right in my hand but to be honest with you, I really couldn't tell a difference between them and my Ping Redwood Zing, but I do like the option to get them customized, two of mine have been to the custom shop.

4. Member
    Worth it? Nah. Feel good, give confidence, well balanced tool? Hell yes.
    Dollar wise you can find plenty that will do the job at a lower price.
    I have had two SC putters, both mallet style.
    I may have to break down and buy the classic style next.

I own one SC putter. Bought it off a guy back in 1997 for $60. Gun metal Newport.
    This is way before these putters became very popular and over priced.
    The only thing not original is the grip. The shaft still has the sticker on it saying it needs to be oiled after every use and have the original head cover.
    I used to use it on and off over the years but the last 4 years I've been making and using broomstick putters.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

6. Member
    If you decide to go used, watch out, lots of fakes out there.
    Cameron offers special editions/limited release of a putter or two each year, if you can resist using them and wait a few years, you can sell them for probably double what you paid, i bought a limited edition Napa putter many years ago, but i couldn't resist using it, needed the money so i sold it, tried to find one like it last year but they were more used than what I paid new back then. Same goes for their limited edition golf bags, headcovers, etc., good as gold if you can keep from using them.

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    I have 2. Well balanced. I roll the ball nicely off the putter face. A lot of money but for me they were worth it.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

8. Member
    I just got my first. A Futura Phantom that I found on Facebook for $70. Not a steal but not a bad price. I was wanting to switch to a blade but for now I’ll try a new to me mallet!

9. Member
    I always get a chuckle when someone mentions putter prices. Most amateurs think nothing of spending $400 plus for a driver to get an extra yard or two on a club you might use 14 times a round at the most. But not on a putter that most people use 28 to 35 times a round. :)

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

10. Member
    Look at Bettinardi. Made in USA.

11. Member
    Check out the new Mizunos also.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Look at Bettinardi. Made in USA.
    I was all set to buy a bettinardi, they are a local chicago company and always liked there stuff but then I heard a podcast with the founder and I have never heard a person with a bigger ego than that guy. I literally was so turned off from the guy that I will never even consider buying one of there putters even though they make some great stuff.

13. Member
    I've used a Cameron for over 25 years, have several, great putters

14. Member
    I would love to have one, but could never afford the price. Instead went with an odyssey mallet putter instead that I got for $100. Works great for me and because of the longer guide, it’s helped with lining up where I want the ball to roll. Not initially what I wanted, but has worked perfectly for me so far

15. Member
    I use Tear Drop putters. Love the feel and rolled face technology.

16. Member
    Be careful going down this hole. I currently have 3 SC, 1 Betti, and a few others. Been using a counter balance SC for years. Scotty's prices are a drop in the bucket compared to some boutique and custom players. JDM for golf equipment is similar to JDM for fishing. Anything with Byron Morgan, Bettinardi, LaJosi, Piretti and SC are all great. There are some cheaper alternatives out there as well. I believe Cleveland has a nice milled putter. The feel between milled and a cast putter is night and day.

17. Member
    Just have two left. Flipped so many gun metals I forgot. I had some pretty good ones I wish I had back. The one that always had my heart was a Coronado. Never made anything with it though so sold it for double what I paid for it.

Currently song a custom TP Mills (made by Daivid). I think TP just missed on marketing. He makes as good of a putter as Scotty but Scotty started marketing his better with titleist and it took off. I had one of scotty’s Misunderstood putters and wish I had it back, sold it for $100 after buying it for $20.

Working at at a golf shop in college had its perks but eventually clubs just turned into “things”.
    Joey Aderhold

18. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I've owned several and I one in the bag now. Are they worth the price? Probably not. If you think it does, then well it might.

Side note....several tour players have won tournaments with putters out of the pro shop bargain bin, so the price of a putter really doesn't matter. If you see the ball going in the hole, that matters IMO.

19. Member
    I have 1 now and leave it at home...i have had a few others as well but i got tired of having a high price putter and missing my 2 footers...i have been using the side saddle technique now for a few years and am making most of the short ones now...