Bravo1 blade broke

Took off this morning and got few blocks then bang big vibes ,stopped and trimmed up and found one blade out of 4 snapped off 1" above prop housing , never really hit the prop before, 2 years old and 700 dollars for new one and nobody has them tell end September ,back ordered, anyone ever slug a blade

Any and all props can sling a blade. It sure sux.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I've slung a few bravos and P4's. The last few years the steel for most of the world comes from China, and that steel is crap. It doesn't meet anybody's spec but is so cheap they changed the specs so they could buy it. Slam full of micro-inclusions, and mixture and globule sizes not homogeneous. It's one of the main reasons blades are slinging more, and anything with steel is having lower reliability and shorter life spans. It sure would be nice for German OR US steel to come back.
    I've broken 2 of the newer Bravos. I've never broken the older straight vane ones, even though I've run them a lot more hours, and they are thinner.(and faster)

4. Member
    How can they charge that kind of money for Chinese crap? Robbery

5. Member
    They still have the labor involved at the foundry.But the whole world succumbed to China on steel. Corporations trying to stay price competitive.

6. Member
    Well I borrowed a 25p fury it's not for me , tried a powertech lost top end 10mph just not same prop sent it back ,finally got my new bravo xs and got good deal toboot

7. Member
    Rothwell marine has them in stock, just ordered one this week.
    https://rothwellmarine.com/product-c...rnet-specials/
    2021 Falcon F20 Predator
    2021 Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    I picked one up out of Florida at speed and custom marine ,they ordered it but super deal,sixfiveo