Best prop to use for top end speed?

I have a pro team 175 txw with a 75 horse merc. Right now with a decent load i can run about 37. Do any of yall have a prop youd recommend? I feel like i could get atleast 40 mph out of that motor.

2. Member
    Depends on how heavily loaded your boat is. Best prop when it's just you and lightly loaded is different than when you have 3 people in it and loaded with 3+ tackle boxes, rods and reels, cooler full of drinks/food, etc. Decide how you're going to use your boat most often and buy the prop for that circumstance and live with a little less than top performance when your in the opposite configuration. I have the same boat with a 60 4 stroke Mercury and just ordered a Spitfire 14 pitch after reading a bunch of reviews on amazon with people with my boat/configuration. May have to drop down to a 13" pitch but you have to start somewhere and I wanted a new prop and will use my stock prop as backup.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

3. Member
    What year motor, 2 or 4 stroke? What are your max rpms at wot? What prop are you running now? What hole are you mounted in on the transom? Yeah I know it is a lot of questions, but they will all help with the right prop choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbulmer16 View Post
    I have a pro team 175 txw with a 75 horse merc. Right now with a decent load i can run about 37. Do any of yall have a prop youd recommend? I feel like i could get atleast 40 mph out of that motor.

4. Banned
    Just got mine still breaking it in. I have set up a lot of glass boats this is my first tin rig. I was told by a set up guru that has forgotten more about boats than I will ever know to run a four blade powertech. I'm going to finish my break in to see if my numbers change when I can run wot for a long run. If you email powertech your speed and rpms at wot they will tell you what prop size you need.

5. Member
    Cool, thanks man! Enjoy your new boat! You'll be able to get your new one in such shallow places it'll blow your mind!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
    Depends on how heavily loaded your boat is. Best prop when it's just you and lightly loaded is different than when you have 3 people in it and loaded with 3+ tackle boxes, rods and reels, cooler full of drinks/food, etc. Decide how you're going to use your boat most often and buy the prop for that circumstance and live with a little less than top performance when your in the opposite configuration. I have the same boat with a 60 4 stroke Mercury and just ordered a Spitfire 14 pitch after reading a bunch of reviews on amazon with people with my boat/configuration. May have to drop down to a 13" pitch but you have to start somewhere and I wanted a new prop and will use my stock prop as backup.
    Thanks the info!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    What year motor, 2 or 4 stroke? What are your max rpms at wot? What prop are you running now? What hole are you mounted in on the transom? Yeah I know it is a lot of questions, but they will all help with the right prop choice.
    It's a 1999 2-stroke. And I believe the max rpms at wot are around 5,000. I don't know the other info off the top of my head. Thanks!

8. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    I run a Powertech nrs3 on mine and while it's a great prop for top speed I feel the handling and midrange cruise could be better. Jarhead which 4 blade Powertech was suggested to you? There's one with a ton of cup that looks interesting (ptr4?) and then a 4 blade version of the nrs3 I'm running now. I honestly don't care about speed anymore and it's more about the midrange cruise and handling now. Hair over 4000rpm and somewhere in the 30mph area is where I cruise. Seems like it only burns about half the gas this way vs wot at about 5300-5400.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

9. Banned
    The guy at powertech asked me to email him after break in when I can make a extended runs to see what my numbers are.