Big Shout Out to Bob at Worldwide Marine Insurance!

Hey guys, just wanted to give a big shout out and recommendation for Bob at Worldwide Marine Insurance.

Like a lot of guys here, I learned about Bob from reading stories on BBC where he went above and beyond to help folks after having a claim on the boat, so I ended having my Progressive policy assigned to Bob.

When I signed up with Bob, he gave me his cell phone and told me that he hoped I didn't need to ever use it, but to call him if I ever had an issue.

Well, 10 years later, I had an issue.....short story is that I destroyed the lower unit (both external and internal gear damage, etc) on my 2018 250 Merc Pro XS and Progressive sent an adjuster who said good news, they will give me a check for $2K and I can arrange for a shipment of duct tape and bubble gum to fix my LU. It was clear the adjuster barely understood marine engines.

After complaint, they sent out a second adjuster that surprisingly (sarcasm) came to the same conclusion as the first adjuster from Progressive.

Bob got involved, kept me updated daily, and had them send out an professional independent 3rd party marine surveyor who understands marine engine. 2 weeks later, check for a replacement lower unit is in the mail due to Bob's efforts!

I highly recommend Bob if you have any marine insurance needs!

RL

Glad Bob was able to get progressive to finally do the right thing and not try to screw you over!

What I am hearing though is to stay away from Progressive insurance.

I have never had to fight with state farm. They never tried to screw me over so I had to fight to get them to do the right thing.
    Charger 210 Elite

I have had one claim in close to 40 years, gel coat damage from a dock during a storm. Different insurance 15 years ago

I have insurance through Bob, always good to hear good results.

4. Member
    I have worldwide marine with bob through progressive. Like alot of others i have heard of horror stories with progressive. I have been worried if i had a claim wat might happen. With all the good words ive heard about Bob i would hope for a positive result
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

5. Member
    Not surprising, that’s how all insurance companies operate. They almost always test you to see if you will accept a lower settlement. Just part of the game and that’s why you should always underinsure. Just helps save a little arguing when they try to stick you!
    Pool 10

Bob’s the man! I wouldn’t use anyone else.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

7. Banned
    The wife and I are getting ready to retire and our financial planner gave us the name a of guy to review all our insurance policies. Long story short, he reviewed all of our insurance policies and told us what Worldwide offers is fantastic, keep it!!!... And then gave us a list for home and auto... Dan

1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

9. Member
    Glad it worked out. Just had a claim with State Farm it couldn't have been any easier.

10. Member
    Bob is the best in the Business, you should have contacted him first and let him handle it from the get go, He would have had it settled fast
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

11. Moderator
    It's to nice to have someone who understands boat insurance.

12. Member
    99% of the time,your insurance agent makes a huge difference in how things are handled.

Progressive Insurance/George Soros.....google it if youre not sure...
    2005 2200 Gambler 2005 Merc 250 Racing XS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    What I am hearing though is to stay away from Progressive insurance.
    They screwed me. But I ain't through Bob. Talked to him, but got better coverage for lower in Florida. But the agent ran me through Progressive as well. And I got screwed. But with there rates so much cheaper than others, I had to stay with them. But I have learned dealing with every insurance, workmans comp and all. They all screw you. And anything supposed to be put in place to oversee, don't really give a damn.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lund View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to give a big shout out and recommendation for Bob at Worldwide Marine Insurance.

Like a lot of guys here, I learned about Bob from reading stories on BBC where he went above and beyond to help folks after having a claim on the boat, so I ended having my Progressive policy assigned to Bob.

When I signed up with Bob, he gave me his cell phone and told me that he hoped I didn't need to ever use it, but to call him if I ever had an issue.

Well, 10 years later, I had an issue.....short story is that I destroyed the lower unit (both external and internal gear damage, etc) on my 2018 250 Merc Pro XS and Progressive sent an adjuster who said good news, they will give me a check for $2K and I can arrange for a shipment of duct tape and bubble gum to fix my LU. It was clear the adjuster barely understood marine engines.

After complaint, they sent out a second adjuster that surprisingly (sarcasm) came to the same conclusion as the first adjuster from Progressive.

Bob got involved, kept me updated daily, and had them send out an professional independent 3rd party marine surveyor who understands marine engine. 2 weeks later, check for a replacement lower unit is in the mail due to Bob's efforts!

I highly recommend Bob if you have any marine insurance needs!

RL
    Ok, I'm reading all of this, but I don't see any info on how to get in contact with Bob, or even what his last name is. I'm interested in talking with him. Please post info.
    Thanx
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    Ok, I'm reading all of this, but I don't see any info on how to get in contact with Bob, or even what his last name is. I'm interested in talking with him. Please post info.
    Thanx
    From the sponsors links, https://www.worldwidemarineins.com/

18. Member
    I recently did some damage to my boat here in Alpena mi. I have bought my policy thru Bob and it is progressive. The bodyshop is having trouble getting the correct metal flake because it is a 2003 statos and has been discontinued. He says he always has to fight with progressive but he usually comes to some agreement. I haven't had it fixed yet due to paint issues but i will keep you guys informed of what happens.

19. Member
    Progressive is hands down the worst. Bob does a great job. If it wasn’t for him I’d be with a different company.