New to the Caymas family!

Hey folks, new to the family with a CX 20 coming from a Triton 21TRX and couldn't be happier so far. Really impressed with the fit/finish, ride etc. and just overall with the boat.

I do have one question for those of you who already have experience with the boats. While fishing yesterday I noticed that while I have my livewells plugged, they kept filling with water. Is there any way to prevent this? I can't find any other switches.

Thanks!

2. Member
    You just have to watch it and cut the livewell pumps off when you get full. I do the same thing.

3. Member
    I have the same problem on my 18 GTS. Even if the plugs are in and the switches are off, the live wells fill with water.

4. Member
    guys, do you have the high speed water pick up in your live wells?? if so, all you do is turn the toggle switch on the respective live well fill head inside the live well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgthagins View Post
    I have the same problem on my 18 GTS. Even if the plugs are in and the switches are off, the live wells fill with water.
    welcome, congrats on boat. in live wells up top there are two shut off valves. turn the handles to shut off water for pickup.

6. Member
    we typed at same time same answer.

Got it, can you help me locate these as in a pic? Thanks!!!

And would have posted a pic but BBC still makes you host the pic on a holding site which I don't use anymore.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flippindrew View Post
    And would have posted a pic but BBC still makes you host the pic on a holding site which I don't use anymore.
    Send me your pictures and i will post them for you are anyone else as far as that goes.

10. Member
    Here is a pic from my CX20. I assume the 18 is the same. There is a little lever on top of the inlet. Rotate it till it is perpendicular. You can confirm you are closing the right one by opening your live well lid while running on plane and looking for water spraying in from the high speed pickup.

C96FBDC0-17BE-416C-AFD6-F90EE4EEF40E.jpeg

11. Member
    Earl must have changed something, on my 2005 Triton, if you plugged them and didn't run pumps, no water came in.

12. Member
    Thanks!!! I don't know if the 18 S and SS have them. I have the GTS and I do have them. Thanks for the pic. I would NEVER have seen that valve!!