Bridgeport 2.4 intermittent power loss

Hey there this is a shot in the dark but I'm trying to troubleshoot my Bridgeport. Its a 1990 efi 2.4. It intermittently well cut out trying to get on plane and then sometimes it will cut back in.

Sometimes I can go a half a day without it doing it and then all the sudden the problem will start back up.

I have noticed when I put a timing light on the spark plug wires as soon as you give it a little bit of gas they basically all start to misfire.

Plugs are good wires are new stator was new this year and the trigger test out positive for the resistance checks so it should be fine. Anything helps I've been battling this for a while and it is getting annoying. Thanks everyone!!

2. Member
    are you moving trigger when testing
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Tested with trigger off boat. Wiggled wires while testing.

4. Member
    heat it up and retest
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Ok just heated it up, still tests out good. How many volts should be at tge coils with a dva? Im getting about 151v

6. Member
    So i have found out that it runs mint when the rectifier is unplugged from stator. Super snappy and clean.

I have 2 new rectifiers here, as soon as you attach them it gets smokey and boggish. When u rev it, it will die when coming to idle

7. Member
    Also has a hard time starting while rectifier is connected

8. Member
    check see what voltage is doing when you connect them

9. Member
    Problem solved. Tpi. Dont know why the yellow wires would effect it but tpi solved my issues

10. Member