Ryan_8

Humminbird Helix Settings

Just switched from Garmin. First time running birds, I installed a helix 10 DI and helix 10 SI. I haven't had a chance to get it on the water yet but messed around in the garage. There are a lot more settings and adjust ability on these units. My question is, are the stock settings a good starting point to help get dialed in? Also what settings should I look at adjusting to get the best picture. I typically fish in the 5-25' FOW range at Lake of the ozarks if that is of any help.

thanks,

Yes the default settings are the best general settings, that is why they are the default settings.
    "dialed in" should refer to a particular location at a particular time, there is no one-size-fits-all. You make adjustments as conditions change (depth, bottom hardness, stuff in the water column, etc). Change as often as conditions change.

There are lots of videos on-line showing the settings and what they do.
    Just do a web search for Humminbird Side Imaging.

You can purchase DVD's for training also, Dr. Sonar is one.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I found just getting out on the water and using the unit is the best you can do. lots of advice like wayne said but what helped me was just using it and messing with all the settings. the screen updates immediately so each setting will tell you what its doing as they are flipped on and off. enjoy