Thread: New units?

New units?

Im aware the hooks just came out are the any new u its or updated gens coming out soon? I see elites are at a new low sale price. I am in the market for a 12” lowrance

2. Member
    Hook was released in 2018 if I remember correctly, so "just came out"? :) After Hook we saw Hook2, and now Hook Reveal. New entry level units to proceed Hook Reveal is probably 1,5 year out.
    Elite Ti2 was launched 2019, and we will probably see "Ti3" launched next year.
    HDS Live is due for renewal, next generation will probably be launched this fall, with units available spring 2021.

3. Member
    Starting to boat shop, so I'd like to time it with new electronics...wish they'd just release it now lol.

4. Member
    I wouldn't wait on a boat for new electronics! HDS Live 12T is still an awesome unit and will continue to be supported for many years to come.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Hook was released in 2018 if I remember correctly, so "just came out"? :) After Hook we saw Hook2, and now Hook Reveal. New entry level units to proceed Hook Reveal is probably 1,5 year out.
    HDS Live is due for renewal, next generation will probably be launched this fall, with units available spring 2021.
    Does anyone have any information of a new Live unit coming out in the spring?
    As always when you ask Lowrance they always say they are unaware of any new units coming out. Then two months later new upgraded units come out.
    I do understand last year all there emphasis was on the Ghost. Now that is out, anyone with any thoughts if they will be coming out with a different Live or other improved unit?

6. Member
    Take a look at this:
    https://www.simrad-yachting.com/nss-evo3s/
    NSS was just renewed, and since they share much of the same hardware and software with HDS you can get a pretty good idea of the next HDS by looking at the latest NSS:

7. Member
    Take a look at this:
    NSS was just renewed, and since they share much of the same hardware and software with HDS you can get a pretty good idea of the next HDS by looking at the latest NSS:
    BTW, very quiet release by Simrad. In fact evolution not revolution.

8. Member
    Take a look at this:
    Thank you. Most of that new stuff wont be relevent to my bass fishing. But if it is a good bet a newer model will come out in the spring, i will wait and keep my fingers crossed.

9. Member
    Not to highjack the Op's thread what do you think that the new upgrades may possibly be on the next release model of Ti3?
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaciejK View Post
    BTW, very quiet release by Simrad. In fact evolution not revolution.
    I agree.
    I do suspect they have something "up their sleeve" though. Adding that much processing-power to NSS (when they have NSO as the top end Simrad, unlike Lowrance where HDS is the top end) seems a bit un-economical unless they have something going on that will need all that power.

Perhaps the whole software-plattform is up for debate? When I have asked key-players before, they have been very firm in their "no way, we stick with Linux". But perhaps they are re-thinking. (Pure speculation from my end, I really have no idea.)
    Last edited by Team Colibri; 08-24-2020 at 02:44 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    Not to highjack the Op's thread what do you think that the new upgrades may possibly be on the next release model of Ti3?
    For Ti3 I`m most of all hoping for a better screen, and LiveSight-compatability. Not sure if the better screen is possible at that price-point though, but even if it is not the standard we know from Carbon/ Live, getting the same screen on Ti3 as we saw on HDS Gen 3 would alone be a big plus.

12. Member
    For Ti3 I`m most of all hoping for a better screen, and LiveSight-compatability. Not sure if the better screen is possible at that price-point though, but even if it is not the standard we know from Carbon/ Live, getting the same screen on Ti3 as we saw on HDS Gen 3 would alone be a big plus.
    TC- there's known way: Let's get Carbon, ripp this off from some abilities and new Ti3 is done....Same way like Evo2 '12 = Go12 without ....