Thread: Grill Grates

Grill Grates

Guys that have grill grates for the smoker, anyone found a good way to store them to keep them “clean” when not in use? They work great but I don’t want to wash them after every use.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

2. Member
    I run my steel smoker/grill grates thru the oven cleaning cycle when I need them cleaned, don't know if that helps you any.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

3. Member
    To clear that question up, I’m talking about the sear plates that you only use when running high heat like a griddle. They’re 3 panels the lock together and lay on the original grates.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    I have a Weber Genesis and a Green Egg. I clean the grates by turning up the heat to at least 500 degrees after every cooking. Then. I go over it with a grill brush while hot. This burns off grease and food particles while killing bacteria.
    Then the grill is ready for the next cook.

5. Member
    I am in the same boat, I am looking for a Rubbermaid storage bin that is the right size to store them in. I find that I don't use them as much since i got my griddle but they do have their time and place.

6. Member
    I leave mine inside my gas grill, which doesn't get used much anymore since I got my RecTeq