3D Structure Scan versus 3-N-1

I have a 3-N-1 transducer and use two HDS Live units. Is there a benefit to adding the 3D structure scan. I only bass fish and fish lakes in several states. Is there an added benefit to be seen between the two?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Member
    You have the best setup currently
    2004 Ranger 175VS/Mercury 125
    2018 Ram 2500-full thuren king 2.5 suspension

3. Member
    SS 3D has better practical range then the AI-transducers, and performs better in rough conditions.

4. Member
    In the "good" "better" "best" terminology what you have is "better" but SS3D would be "best". In many cases not enough of an advantage to switch unless you fish for money or can afford the best. I do find fish with SS3D that I wouldn't see on the AI 3in1 particularly on the sides of humps and ridges.
    ciao,
    Marc

Marc, there was supposed to be a new version of 3d coming out, is it still coming, or has it been set aside?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Marc, there was supposed to be a new version of 3d coming out, is it still coming, or has it been set aside?
    I had heard that as well quite a while ago, but have heard nothing since. Wish I did. I suspect this and other planned introductions have been delayed due to COVID.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    Both of the MFD's are Carbons. You decide if you need it or not. This is not somebody's subjective opinion.
    rsz_lowrance1.pngrsz_lowrance2.pngrsz_lowrance3.pngrsz_lowranc4.pngrsz_lowrance5.png

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker50 View Post
    Both of the MFD's are Carbons. You decide if you need it or not. This is not somebody's subjective opinion.
    rsz_lowrance1.pngrsz_lowrance2.pngrsz_lowrance3.pngrsz_lowranc4.pngrsz_lowrance5.png
    I think that first pic was with the 3-1. Hard to get much better. I would love to see that in both.

9. Member
    yes the first two screenshots are with 3 in 1.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker50 View Post
    yes the first two screenshots are with 3 in 1.
    Tracker, what is your subjective opinion since you’ve seem to run both at same time or close?

11. Member
    I’m considering the 3n1 over my current lss2. I run carbons btw. I assume I’ll get better quality pictures? The side scan looks good but I’m more concerned with Downscan. Any DS images To show?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Tracker, what is your subjective opinion since you’ve seem to run both at same time or close?
    The 3 in 1 pictures were taken by my friend. To be honest with you to me those shots are just mediocre. I got used to much better quality. I mean you could live with those, but if you can get better, why settle.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fboro View Post
    I’m considering the 3n1 over my current lss2. I run carbons btw. I assume I’ll get better quality pictures? The side scan looks good but I’m more concerned with Downscan. Any DS images To show?
    not much to see, rsz_88011165_2605911786307995_5705847066140344320_n.png

14. Member
    I will say the boat I just bought has 3d hooked up. I just finished installing a 3-1. I will run a test day very soon and post some pics of same spot same day from my carbons. I have 2- carbon units at console, but I am assuming I have to keep 1 transducer unplugged (interference issues??) and idle over a spot, then swap and idle back over same spot. The 2 transducers are installed on opposite sides of jackplate.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I will say the boat I just bought has 3d hooked up. I just finished installing a 3-1. I will run a test day very soon and post some pics of same spot same day from my carbons. I have 2- carbon units at console, but I am assuming I have to keep 1 transducer unplugged (interference issues??) and idle over a spot, then swap and idle back over same spot. The 2 transducers are installed on opposite sides of jackplate.
    If you put the 3 in 1 on 800kHz, then interference shouldn’t be an issue. But you never know though.

16. Member
    I feel the 3D works best when scanning out 100+ feet
    it’s grainy when trying to scan in as close as 40’
    -Am I wrong on this?
    I too am considering adding a 3-1 as a secondary transducer on other side of jackplate

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlumpGumpy View Post
    I feel the 3D works best when scanning out 100+ feet
    it’s grainy when trying to scan in as close as 40’
    -Am I wrong on this?
    I too am considering adding a 3-1 as a secondary transducer on other side of jackplate
    thats not 40', that is 40 meters, which is 120 feet. It is grainy no matter how far you want to scan.