History of Blazer?

Anyone here know the history of this brand ? When who started it ? What models copied off of what brands ? I’ve heard it mentioned they were the “poor mans Champion” ??

2. Member
    If memory serves me correctly Keith Craft and brother (s) started the company and the Pro 202 and perhaps Pro 190 have a bottom very much like a Bullet. I have not looked at the bottom of the 625 650 boats so know nothing about them.

I doubt they are a Champion copy as they seem faster than Champion.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    Supposed to be a bullet knockoff but I wouldn't know . That's just some stuff I remember reading

4. Member
    Nothing about a Blazer is a Champion. Nada. Zero.

I've read the early Blazers were Bullet splashes?

No Bullet in a 625 or 650....

5. Member
    that is correct the 190 and 202 are similar to the bullets. The 595,625, and 650 are completely different hulls they are new designs nothing close to a champion. i do know basscat bought the champion 203 mold and is offering it on a puma or cougar top cap as a special build

6. Member
    I would be curious if a 625 and 650 was a Blazer original design or a splash of something. They are completely different and zero like a Bullet. Honestly from a quick look from the tongue of the trailer, they look like a fairly fresh industry look. Good V, with decent pad, but some flare with a good flattened out area to give stability while fishing and allows for some width on the top.

7. Member
    i do know basscat bought the champion 203 mold and is offering it on a puma or cougar top cap as a special build[/QUOTE]

Not correct. No molds were used by BCB or Charger. All hulls (210, 198 Charger/Champ...203 Cat/Champ) were splashed.

8. Member
    I know the older ones had the lines of a Bullet / Norris craft. Was curious as to how the newer ones came about , I personally never saw any Champion influences either.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I would be curious if a 625 and 650 was a Blazer original design or a splash of something. They are completely different and zero like a Bullet. Honestly from a quick look from the tongue of the trailer, they look like a fairly fresh industry look. Good V, with decent pad, but some flare with a good flattened out area to give stability while fishing and allows for some width on the top.
    This is correct. The 203 hybrids are also different up toward the top cap from the original 203 it was splashed from.

10. Member
    Blazer was started in 1978 http://blazerboats.com/about-us/ I believe they produced their own VLX model in the 80's and 90's which had a notched transom. Sometime in the 90's I believe is when the 202 came out followed by the 190 which looked a lot like a bullet can't say if it was splashed or not. In the 2000's they introduced the 210 which incorporated there notched transom and the 202/190 hull design. The 625 is an evolution of that and so on for the 650. They are Blazer's hull designs as with all brands their is design ques from other brand present and past incorporated.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Blazer was started in 1978 http://blazerboats.com/about-us/ I believe they produced their own VLX model in the 80's and 90's which had a notched transom.
    I like the look and layout of the new 625 and 650 but my favorite was the vlx hull. I owned a vlx 150 and a friend of mine had the vlx 200, the overall performance and fishability of the 200 was excellent.

12. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Blazer was started by the Craft Family, dad Lonnie and brothers Keith and Lonnie, around 1978. They started with 14ft river boats and the line progressed from there.