Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Same as people heading to pay lakes to catch that recently released catfish for a chance at the $500 prize... To each his own... Dan

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bcreek View Post
    Not impressed. But wait a minute. You guys go "GA,GA" over Dan's Friday posts, and the "things" in those photos have mostly been altered.
    But still free range correct?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    I had a friend from Texas that used to complain about using dogs to deer hunt in Virginia was unfair to the deer.
    Nothing like a good thread on ethics when it comes to legally killing a deer. They use dogs to kill deer in Alabama too.

4. Member
    Wonder if they shake the feed bucket or holler at them when it’s slaughter day?.. I can see it now “ get the best metal feed can money can buy for your high fence hunt 2 times the rattle when you add your feed “ only available from wild game innovations ...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    I am much more proud of my 152" 4x4 that I shot five miles from my house than that abomination. It's tough to get over 150" on a 4x4 since you lose one tine and one diameter per side as they consider 5 points per side. But, it's just a number.

Nice Buck you should be proud.

6. Member
    a guy in our area has a high fence deer managment place sells most hunt to folks out of state the truth to most of these hunt is would you pay 10 to 15 k to shoot a 250 inch buck most folks say no way they would do it but when you ask it another way that most of these hunts are sold a large company calls a good customer an ask him if he would like to go to tx an shoot a 250 inch deer for free they say when do we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    I am much more proud of my 152" 4x4 that I shot five miles from my house than that abomination. It's tough to get over 150" on a 4x4 since you lose one tine and one diameter per side as they consider 5 points per side. But, it's just a number.
    you should be proud, it takes a heck of a deer to make 150 being an 8 pointer even 140" is crazy, beautiful buck BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    At least it wasn’t drugged!!!

Are any of the guys disgusted by this Jimmy Houston fans?
    well i have heard several stories about that "hunt", sick deer/drugged whatever, and one of my friends suggested there was a video of an apology being given, don't know and really don't care, that'll be for him to wrestle with, same for the guys that all they know is catching fish other people find, i miss the days of people willing to take the time and learn how to read a map and figure something out for themselves

BTW, still like/enjoy JH maybe just a lapse in judgement, don't understand what level of satisfaction someone could get out of such behavior
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Shout out for guiding skills? In a 3 mile fence, How hard would that be?
    Just shake the feed bucket.

9. Member
    Indefensible. If you want to give ammunition to the anti-hunting crowd this is the perfect way.

10. Member
    That just doesn’t appeal to me. In my opinion, it’s not real hunting.
    Praying for a Cure

11. Member
    I can’t find anything similar to compare it to. Even pay to fish trophy lakes aren’t comparable. Maybe if that trophy lake isolated each big fish in individual pools during the spawn. Called their best clients and charged them based off of which fish they choose to pick off the bed.

That's not hunting. Come to New Mexico and hunt where there are no high fences and walk for miles in mountains at around 9000 ft. You will work for it, but it makes the hunt worth it. I don't think I could shoot a penned animal, where's the skill in this.

13. Member
    Yep the whole farm raised artificially inseminated high fenced hunting is downright despicable IMO. My grandfather really struggles to get around these days. As a lifetime hunter he is now resorting to going to places like that and keeps trying to get me to go with him. I really want to go hunting with him while I still can but I will not set foot on one of those places.

I only hunt cherokee national forest around here. my best one's probably don't score 120 but i wouldn't trade them for 10 like that especially after dragging them 21/2 miles on Appalachian trail.I don't even agree with the way most private land people hunt around here.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    I had a friend from Texas that used to complain about using dogs to deer hunt in Virginia was unfair to the deer.
    I ran dogs for years... Loved every minute of it except when I couldn't find my dogs... It they got run over... y'all are hilarious... This is farming...bout like going to the grocery store.. That I can think of now there are 4 high fence operations in North Alabama... breeding farms or hunting operations...private or for profit..maybe 5... That's big money they're making... Because people ARE willing to pay for it...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

My buddy worked at a canned hunt operation in northern Indiana. He said when they put out feed they would blow a grunt call. The grunt/dinner bell was then used by a "guide" when the "hunt" was on. Couple of toots on the grunt and the bigguns would come running. LOL.

17. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Livestock is bought and sold every day.
    Who controls John Gill?

18. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    My buddy worked at a canned hunt operation in northern Indiana. He said when they put out feed they would blow a grunt call. The grunt/dinner bell was then used by a "guide" when the "hunt" was on. Couple of toots on the grunt and the bigguns would come running. LOL.
    That is what the one local to me does too.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Drum roll please... What a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by reelmin5 View Post
    Drum roll please... What a joke!
    In their business, it is a big deal...no telling how much money that buck made in his lifetime...or how much he brought in his death either....

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    That is what the one local to me does too.
    My call must broken...the local here doesn't respond and I never hear any calling out from the other side....used to..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast