Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    How many are going to spend 50K on a used boat with no warranty on motor? Not to mention outdated electronics!
    Plenty do, our dealers cant keep enough used boats in stock around here.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Hey a 20 or 30 year loan payment would be great when I'm 70.

Don’t give me credit when I’m retired
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Plenty do, our dealers cant keep enough used boats in stock around here.
    The bass boat market is insane up here. Even get gouged on new boats. I’d definitely travel south to pick up a used one.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    I’m not going to pretend I paid cash for my boat. I took the max term of 20 years. I try and make double payments but if something ever comes up I have that reserve. My last boat I did the same and paid in 7. My current rig is on about the same path. For example it’s paid so far ahead my bill shows payment of 0.00 due. If something ever happened I don’t have to worry about it right away. If everyone who fished paid cash or took a 5 year note the lakes certainly would be less crowded.

5. Member
    The ability to make profit on a boat is never made on the sale it’s always made on the buy. I have purchased three or four boats at 12 to 20 year terms but I made sure that the purchase price was low enough that in 5 to 7 years my boat would still be worth more than I owe on it. Look at an amortization schedule, look at how much you will owe around the time you will want a new boat. If the boat your buying will be worth more than you can sell it for based on how long you will keep it then buy it. If not find a better deal or put more money down.

6. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Someone want to explain exactly anything about fishing that is a financially wise decision?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Someone want to explain exactly anything about fishing that is a financially wise decision?
    Nothing about it is. Even a cane-pole setup, live worms and a fishing license cost more than going to the store and buying you some fish fillets.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Nothing except food and shelter is a wise financial decision if you think about it. I dont know most fun things arent like vacations, movies, expensive transportation, steaks, shrimp you get the point.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned that if you do the math on these loans you end up paying twice as much or more of the actual purchase price of the boat... Absolutely ridiculous.
    I remember when Ranger came out with the 360. Interest was very high at the time, like over 12% and the marine dealer add I saw on one offered the first 12 year loan plan I had seen. I figured up that you would pay for the boat 2 1/2 times in that 12 years.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    I remember when Ranger came out with the 360. Interest was very high at the time, like over 12% and the marine dealer add I saw on one offered the first 12 year loan plan I had seen. I figured up that you would pay for the boat 2 1/2 times in that 12 years.
    12 percent was the interest rate on my first house, after paying 3 points up front. But I needed a place to live.

Chump change....ever look at your mortgage amortization
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    12 percent was the interest rate on my first house, after paying 3 points up front. But I needed a place to live.
    I had a customer probably 10 years ago ( he was about 70 ) that when he bought his house interest was 15+%...I had to look it up...as I couldn't believe it. his house was long paid for but that was something that stuck with me.

Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    I own 2 that would be paid for Rangers a 521 and a Z522 so I'm pretty sure I know what operating cost are. Like I said if you need money from a co then you have no business fishing.
    The topic that never goes away, sometimes we need to let go of old issues.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    I had a customer probably 10 years ago ( he was about 70 ) that when he bought his house interest was 15+%...I had to look it up...as I couldn't believe it. his house was long paid for but that was something that stuck with me.
    I had one of those loans back when Jimmy Carter was president , don't want to be political but he is a fool .

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I had one of those loans back when Jimmy Carter was president , don't want to be political but he is a fool .
    I wouldn't call that a political statement at all. When I was in college economic policies of different admins was something we studied in one of my research courses. Carter was a disaster for a lot of reasons. It's a lot of the reason he was a one termer. I talked to my uncle back home yesterday...he told me when they bought the house I essentially grew up in that they paid 17% interest. When interest dropped thats when pricing started to rise...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213