Thread: Prairie Rose

Banned

Prairie Rose

Question for those of you who fish Prairie Rose a lot. Have the number of fish over 15" grown substantially in the last year? I fished a tournament last spring here and out of around 80 fish I had 1 over 15". I'm camping at the lake right now and 6 of the first 8 bass I caught were 15-16 1/2".

Almost seems like a brand new lake right now when you're used to catch 10-14" fish on this lake

2. Member
    Hmm that would be cool if there growing. I fished there last September probably and caught 20ish but nothing over 15” i like that place so hopefully the fish get some size on them.

3. Member
    SBBC had a Calcutta there last Saturday and I think it took 15 lbs plus for the win, so yes they are getting bigger I know for sure there are a couple of 6 plus lb fish in the lake.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    SBBC had a Calcutta there last Saturday and I think it took 15 lbs plus for the win, so yes they are getting bigger I know for sure there are a couple of 6 plus lb fish in the lake.
    Did someone come in with a limit of 16" fish plus a 6lb kicker?

5. Member
    I believe there were some 4/5lb bass put in there out of 3-mile... Before that lake (3-mile) was killed out to illuminate the yellow bass The dnr took out a lot of the bigger bass that they could and put them in other lake. I know PR got some.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I believe there were some 4/5lb bass put in there out of 3-mile... Before that lake (3-mile) was killed out to illuminate the yellow bass The dnr took out a lot of the bigger bass that they could and put them in other lake. I know PR got some.
    There was a 7.5lbr caught in the tournament I fished there last year. Fished a little bit this morning and last night and caught a bunch more.

Its surprising how much they grew in the last year. They've been 10-14" for so dang long that I thought they were stunted. Now probably 40% of the ones I caught this weekend were in that 15-17" range

7. Member
    That is great news thank you for letting us know. Very nice to have a good report.

8. Member
    I thought that place was stunted also?

Thanks for the report!