New Xpress Owner

I finally pulled the trigger. About 4 weeks ago, I order my dream boat, 2021 x21 pro Xpress. I'm so damn excited I can hardly stand it. Expected delivery date is mid-October. This will actually be my first brand new boat. I have always purchased used boats and fixed them up, so my question is what are some of the first things I will need to do after buying a new boat. I know my dealer will shed some light on this question, but I would like to hear some things from experienced boat owners, and also if I ask now, I can start preparing for it. And if you know of any tips/tricks for an x21 that you would recommend, I would love to hear them. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Member
    I added gas struts to all of the lids up front. Sealed where the compartment lips meet the deck. My front compartments stay dry. Rear compartments get damp in a heavy rain. Added edging on the compartment lids to quiet theM down. Installed a second bilge pump with manual/automatic switch. I filed the antiporpoising welds on the back of the boat to almost nothing. Picked up 3.5 mph. Be careful with that tho. Could create a porpoise. Put 2 playground balls in the jack plate because I have a 200 sho and talon on my X19. Installed hole shot plate on jack plate.

3. Member
    Set up, set up and set up. What engine is on it? Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    So what extras did you order with the boat? I am looking at getting a new X21 in about a month and have been looking at the options list. Has anyone put power poles on the X21 versus the Talons?

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    So what extras did you order with the boat? I am looking at getting a new X21 in about a month and have been looking at the options list. Has anyone put power poles on the X21 versus the Talons?
    I dont have a 21, but I had dual poles installed on my 19 from dealer.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

6. Member
    wishiwasfishin2 i have a new 2021 x19 with 175 sho just added twin talons i am running a 22pt sho prop now i am having trouble with set up, i have a 23 pt bravo 1 coming tomorrow , will you share your set up and performance ,with two people it will try to porpoise at slow speed, ok with me alone, my fishing partner can move to front fishing seat and will not porpoise, i have tried height from 3.5 ptp down to 5 ptp when running 3.5 i get better top end but boats wants to porpoise at low speed with trim all way down, lower motor stops porpoising but looses on top end
    Last edited by BBW; 08-16-2020 at 07:50 AM.

7. Member
    I am not sure how much more weight the talons add, but it could be the setback and extra weight past the transom. I am running a 6" setback with a Turbo 23p prop. 3.5 ptp.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Set up, set up and set up. What engine is on it? Cj
    CJ1 - it will have a 250 SHO on it, I would like some advice as to what prop to put on it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GThompson View Post
    I added gas struts to all of the lids up front. Sealed where the compartment lips meet the deck. My front compartments stay dry. Rear compartments get damp in a heavy rain. Added edging on the compartment lids to quiet theM down. Installed a second bilge pump with manual/automatic switch. I filed the antiporpoising welds on the back of the boat to almost nothing. Picked up 3.5 mph. Be careful with that tho. Could create a porpoise. Put 2 playground balls in the jack plate because I have a 200 sho and talon on my X19. Installed hole shot plate on jack plate.
    Thank you for the info, I may contact you for details when the time comes

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMag View Post
    CJ1 - it will have a 250 SHO on it, I would like some advice as to what prop to put on it.
    PM tBob on here, he will get you where you need to be. I don't have enough experience with 4 strokes to suggest one. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.