Falcon 20TE vs. 21TE

In the market for either a 20TE or 21TE. Pros and cons of both? Coming out of a Skeeter ZX250. Would like to stay with Yamaha but would entertain a new merc. Went for a test ride in a 20TE today. Very impressed with the boat.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaracer2007 View Post
    In the market for either a 20TE or 21TE. Pros and cons of both? Coming out of a Skeeter ZX250. Would like to stay with Yamaha but would entertain a new merc. Went for a test ride in a 20TE today. Very impressed with the boat.
    my exact same scenario. Been in a ZX for 20 years and have loved them. I'm curious about your thoughts on potentially going to a falcon? I test drove a Falcon as well a and liked for the most part. But it still not handle quite like the skeeter to me. On the other hand, not sure bout getting another skeeter where I cannot pick my colors and it comes with humminbird when I want Lowrance. Also interested to know if you could order a ZX-250 now that the ZXR's are out

3. Member
    From what I could tell it doesn't handle quite like a Skeeter but rightfully so, its built different. I wish it was rough when I got to drive it. People say that's where they shine. And supposedly they float super super shallow. I will say the fit and finish of Falcon is better. The deck space that Falcon has is huge. No side to side movement. Tracks good in the water. Love the rocker panel switches and the simplicity of it. I dont think they make the zx anymore. I'm sure they still have the mold buy getting them to make one would be impossible I'm sure.

4. Member
    20 all the way. I have a F205 and absolutely love it. I haven't been in a 215 but I know from talking to the Falcon guys that the front end of the 215 isn't as wide as the 205. If you're worried about losing space or anything like that - don't be. The 205 has tons of room. Just my opinion!