Unemployment denied in Indiana..Made mistake filing...any suggestions or contacts

A friend of mine lives in Louisville, KY and works in Southern Indiana. He was furloughed when COVID hit and he immediately filed for unemployment in Kentucky. 8 weeks later he hadn’t heard anything and was told he needed to file in Indiana because he worked in Indiana. He immediately filed in Indiana. 8 to 10 weeks later he got a notice (this week) from Indiana saying that his unemployment was denied because he hadn’t filed in a timely manner. He had but filed incorrectly because no one advised him of when / where to file in case like this. The letter / email (I’m not sure which) he received this week said it was denied and COULD NOT BE APPEALED. He doesn’t make a ton of money but has never been unemployed before. He should have received roughly $6K so it isn’t chump change. He has tried to contact people at the unemployment office in Indiana but he can’t reach a human being to discuss things. He had never file for unemployment before so it was an honest mistake.

Anyone have any suggestions or have any contacts in Indiana state government?

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Wish I could help. Sounds like he's out of luck. Hope someone can help him out.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Last edited by fishinarc; 05-12-2021 at 06:03 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    Left a response in the duplicate lounge post.
    Got it.....thanks.