Thread: Livescope help

Livescope help

First time out was today with my new live scope. After pulling the trolling motor out a couple different times my image was kind of like floating. No matter which way I turned my trolling motor it was like it was looking up a hill. Not sure how else to really describe it but was wondering if anyone knows what could cause that.

14MAY20_1338_00.jpg

Like this?

4. Member
    Yes just goes crazy pretty much like its floating

5. Member
    Mine isn't as bad as that picture posted. But it happened twice after putting trolling motor back in the water. A buddy of mine has had his do it a few times also. I even turned sonar off before I pulled the trolling motor up
    Last edited by stratos4life; 08-14-2020 at 08:22 PM.

6. Member
    From the Manual:
    Use AHRS
    Enables the internal attitude heading and reference system (AHRS) sensors to detect the installation angle of the Panoptix transducer automatically. When this setting is turned off, you can enter the specific installation angle for the transducer using the Pitch Angle setting. Many forward view transducers are installed at a 45-degree angle and down view transducers are installed at a zero-degree angle

You need to think about what this is saying. If you set the manual angle at 45-degrees (the default) and your bottom is slanted up or down it would be good to analyze what would cause this.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Default is 45* doesn't matter on transducer orientation, it's just where it is see as default. You need to back it down, however the 45* default may actually be correct for starboard side of the trolling motor shaft installation. I haven't thought it through though
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    There's really no difference between starboard and port as far as how the arrays are pointed except. What is different is the roles of the top and bottom array are reversed. Once the reversal in software takes place, the oriented angles of what is then top, middle and bottom are the same.

I think everyone gets the point of the importance of the mounting angle and orientation of the transducer on the shaft. The difference between forward and down is just one click. All that is based on the angle that shaft makes with the water being plumb. Most bass boats I see have the TM shaft angled back under the bow instead of straight down. Say it's off 10 degrees and you enter a 10 degree correction under Pitch Angle. That would be for when you are pointed straight ahead. What happens when you are pointed behind the boat? Now you are off the 10 degrees of the shaft, plus another 10 degrees for the manual correction for pointing forward. Left and right the tilt of the shaft puts an additional 10 degree cant, either additive or opposing, depending on whether you are pointed port or starboard.

It's not that complicated. If you want the best performance from your LiveScope, plumb the shaft, install the transducer in the correct orientation and turn AHRS ON.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 08-15-2020 at 07:03 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    From the Manual:
    Use AHRS
    Enables the internal attitude heading and reference system (AHRS) sensors to detect the installation angle of the Panoptix transducer automatically. When this setting is turned off, you can enter the specific installation angle for the transducer using the Pitch Angle setting. Many forward view transducers are installed at a 45-degree angle and down view transducers are installed at a zero-degree angle

You need to think about what this is saying. If you set the manual angle at 45-degrees (the default) and your bottom is slanted up or down it would be good to analyze what would cause this.
    You're right!

10. Member
    I'll check this next time out. It was just weird that it worked perfect several times in and out of the water. Mid trip I deployed the trolling motor and it was messed up. I had to power it off twice yesterday to correct it.

11. Member
    Then there's always the possibility your LVS32 is bad or the AHRS in it.

12. Member
    I’d suspect your cable pulled the TD up/down when deploying or retrieving the TM. I have an Powerdrive and keeping my cables ‘loose’ is an issue occasionally. If the above suggestions wasn’t the cause. I tried out a diy perspective bracket and my forward and down had floating / tilting lake bottom displays. Which was due to the TD being at the wrong angle and I suspect the orientation was confusing the unit and it was attempting to switch itself from down to forward, quickly as the boat rocked.