Fine tune for me

Just got my first glass boat, '99 Triton 180DC with a 115hp Evinrude. Took it out for the first time and it's a world of difference compared to my aluminum boats I've owed. I have a lot of experience with balancing loads, trim levels, prop bite, cavitation, blow out, and on and on from my surface drive mud boat. I think it drive well up on plane, 50mph trimmed right without a jack plate. Old owner only got 46mph out of it.

So I have 2 main questions that kind of tie into each other. First my holeshot is a bit lacking but I have read up on that---trim all the way down and the second the bow snaps start trimming up which is what I found out works best on the maiden voyage. So, is that correct?

Second question may assist my first on. There's a new 21p prop on the motor. RPM's top out at 5,000 max trimmed as it should be. My thought is to pitch down. Other advice??? I don't know if a 20p prop exists and 19p might be going down too much???
    Triton 180DC---150hp Yamaha Vmax HPDI---Bobs 6" Hydro Plate---24 Tempest Plus---Ultrex---Lowrance Carbons

2. Banned
    Have a reputable prop guy turn down what you have 1" might as well have it balanced and blue printed while they have it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Have a reputable prop guy turn down what you have 1" might as well have it balanced and blue printed while they have it.
    Thank you.
    Triton 180DC---150hp Yamaha Vmax HPDI---Bobs 6" Hydro Plate---24 Tempest Plus---Ultrex---Lowrance Carbons

4. Member
    To answer the question on the hole shot, yes, when I put the motor in gear I trim all the way down before giving it throttle. As soon as I feel the boat start to level off I trim up. I have the trim attached to the steering wheel so it's very easy to trim up without having to take one hand off the steering wheel.