05 225 ho best engine i ever had possible bad oil pump

last night after a short run when i came off plane a solid horn came on, shut off engine waited 20 seconds restarted ran fine 10 seconds later horn sounds again, did this several times same thing,top light on the diagnostic gauge stays on i think that it is something to do with the oil pump, i would be very grateful for any help trouble shooting my problem,over 2500 hrs all original power head e225dhlsoc ser 05115862 best motor i will ever own

2. Member
    Software to diagnose what issue is .... simple

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Need to get it to a dealer to test and diagnose.

thank you my, family owns a garage with several mechanics,i have always fixed what i could myself, dealers are weeks out around here ,over my head this time

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Maybe they can squeak you in for diagnostics then you can take it home and do the fix?

just talked to then ,they were helpful,they said it is usually the sensor that is on the oil pump,they had one so i tried it with instructions on how to purge oil system,no luck i need to leave my boat for a couple weeks ,they are busy, waiting to find out if it is worth fixing sucks thanks

7. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I put a new oil pump on my 03 225HO and ran her for at least 8 years.....If that thing is healthy it's worth it....JMHO

I will say I had much help from a good tech to help me not do it wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by johnfortier View Post
    ,no luck i need to leave my boat for a couple weeks ,they are busy, waiting to find out if it is worth fixing sucks thanks
    You could have a new boat in less time than that...and make sure there is plenty of room for the guy on the back.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Run it until they can't fix it. If you're happy with the hull re-power if not sell after fixing. I just pulled a Merc 150 saltwater motor off of a customer's boat today and gonna install a 150 Merc 4 stroke 3.0L on his bay boat. Got a killer deal from Jaco's but he is going M2M. so only needs an adapter cable. He's ecstatic, I can't wait to rig it. Was a PITA taking it off.

206 champ after 15 years the boat and me are one no appointments leave boat and they will look at it when they have time stuck in safe mode

Have you family pull the oil injector apart, most times what happens to them is the internal wire crimps break. A touch of solder and your back up and running again.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......