Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Never broken a bone and only had stitches once for a meat slicer cut. Bit my tongue almost in half playing football but I guess they don't usually stitch that and said it will heal on its own and it did in about a week.

I have had a bunch of chances to really get hurt but always walked away. Totaled a car on my 18th birthday by hitting a 5 foot round oak tree at 60 mph launching airborne off the giant mound of roots around the tree bounced when we hit the ground and cleared the 10 foot wide driveway and ended up out in the middle of the lawn. I was walking around but had no clue as I was severely concussed, the wife my GF at the time was ejected from the car and only had sprained ankle. In my early 20's driving a Cab over rubbish truck I was hit head on at 50 MPH by an Oldsmobile Delta 88 sedan both vehicles were totaled. I drove over the passenger side of the car it ripped the front axle off the truck and bent the rear suspension so bad the rear tandems were touching on the side that went over the car, I skidded to a halt right on the yellow line while a tractor trailer went screaming by in the other lane. The other driver had one cracked vertebrae in his neck I was perfectly fine walking around cleaning up the accident when the police arrived. While working on the top of a rubbish truck 13' in the air I was prying at a piece of metal when the bar slipped out I fell onto my back and slide of the side of the truck. I stuck the landing somehow like a cat ended up feet down and landed perfectly. I was back up top before the guy working with me had the courage to look over the side to see what happened to me.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

2. Banned
    Another motorcycle wreck here
    shattered wrist no cast but had an external fixator (Look it up)
    about had to take my spleen but kept it
    and the worst 11 broken ribs - didn’t know I had that many

luckily no memory from about 5 minutes before the wreck for about the next two weeks

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Good lord you guys all need to stay far away from me........ You all might rub some of that stuff off on me.
    I even rode motocross for three years in the pro ranks and never had those type injuries some you have had.
    My list is mostly dislocated ankles by putting my foot down and hitting some hard object in the track. Left ankle like 6 times and right ankle like 10 times. Most times the team doctor would set my ankle while I still had my boots on and shoot me up until the weekend was over. Then I just taped them up for the next weeks event and get shot up on Fridays.
    As far as operations go, both knees have had meniscus surgeries and my left one needs it again.
    My left shoulder has had two operations for torn muscles and ripped labium. Now good old arther has decided to come live there.

4. Member
    7 broken ribs going over the handle bars in a motocross accident. 3 of them broken in 2 places.

I was cutting a poplar tree and a broken fork out of an ash hit me in the head. Got lifelined to Indy for emergency brain surgery. Neurosurgeon removed pieces of broken skull and took out a blood clot that formed on brain. He then put humpty dumpty back together again. It too fractured my orbital socket from eye corner back to ear and from bottom of eye down to upper jaw. Shattered a tooth and it fell out a couple of years ago, I got a meth looking nub back there now.

I was told to expect blurred vision, slurred speech, and memory loss. Good Lord blessed me with 100% recovery.

6. Member
    Broken heart
    Cheese County Bass Club

7. Member
    Left hand is held together by screws and plates. Smashed it working on a M1A1 tank.
    Torn achilles had to be the worst not because of pain per say but because the 4 months of non-weight bearing plus the lasting disruption to running, jumping, balance and loss of strength in that leg.

8. Member
    I was a service brat in Germany in 1950. I was about 8 or 9 maybe 10. Those days we were an occupation force. As kids we were turned loose to go play just be home for lunch or dinner. A group of us guys hung around together the oldest maybe 12 or 13. When the Germans retreated or were occupied they frequently buried their guns and ammunition to hide it from the Allies. That day we found some ammo and some potato masher grenades and were playing with them. We were throwing the potato masher grenade at a parked jeep, we kind of knew what we were doing and that it was wrong. When it was my turn to throw it I bent over to pick it up and saw it smoking and then BLAMMO!!! The loudest sound I have ever heard in my life accompanied by a lot of pain. My ears were ringing and I could barely see through the blood in my eyes. I took off running I did not know why or where. Finally some adult caught me and threw me in a vehicle and took me to the local dispensary where they wrapped my body tightly with sheet strips and an ambulance took me to the hospital. I remember them forcing the Ether mask on me and then I was gone. When I woke up, my dad and mother were there. The doctor gave me a big gauze pad with the metal they had taken from my body. I had entry wounds from my feet to the top of my head. I still have all my extremities and my eyes, most still work, I'm 77.
    The explosion got some of the other kids, some got shrapnel wounds some got powder burns. It blew a hole in the sidewalk, pieces went through a window and struck a German lady inside her apartment. She came to our house and was going to try to sue my dad until she saw me wrapped in gauze and she said to forget it. After I recovered my dad sent my brother and I back to the states to stay with our grandparents. We were safer in Germany, they were devout Southern Baptists, spare the rod, spoil the child advocates. I got a dancing lesson almost every day at the end of a switch.

9. Member
    My last rotator cuff injury. It took a year of physical therapy to get over that one. I got knocked out bull riding once. It didn't hurt to bad until the next day. SMH
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

Nothing other than skinned knees, cuts, the usual stuff growing up. Some burns from working in the foundry. Never any breaks, nothing really serious. I've been fortunate.

11. Member
    Fracture my left arm playing soccer, shattered my left collarbone racing a dirt bike, knocked out a couple of times racing a dirt bike. Broken fingers, toes and ribs racing a dirt bike. Man I need to get another bike. I miss those days.

Stepped of a second story roof of miy wife's friends house helping them reshingle the house.
    Got called to come down for breakfast and went to stepon a scaffold that they had erected after I was on the roof for a couple of hours.
    Ladder jacks were space seven feet apart and they had only use two strips of older 3/8" plywood about 18" wide. As I took my first step and realized
    what they had done it was two late to stop. Broken wrist in two places and a cracked and chipeped vertibrae as I landed on the concrete patio below.
    I guess I could have been a lot worse.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

13. Member
    We were stacking parachutes for a demo later in the week. The winds were 15 gusting to 22 MPH. We knew better but being young and invincible we decided to jump any way. We put together a biplane with me on top. During the landing a gust of wind pushed me side ways and I slammed into the ground on my right side. Crushed my right elbow. Took me 2 years before I could straighten my arm and throw a base ball.

Many injuries here. Was folding Sunday papers for my route when I was 14. A kid I knew had taken a car out of his dads shop and was not riding. They had stolen fresh bread off of the dock at a Safeway grocery store and was driving thru the parking lot throwing bread balls at me. They finally came at me straight in. The car was in the shop for a master cylinder rebuild. He honked the horn when he saw that he couldn’t stop. I jumped behind my motorcycle about the time he hit the curb lifting the car up enough to come on over the 18” high curb. He hit my motorcycle that I was behind and drove me thru two phone booths. Has 2nd degree burns from the antifreeze, and broke 4 ribs on my right side. I thought I had been cut into and passed out before I caught my breath. When I came he was standing over me threatening to kick my ass if I told on him. He borrowed a car to pull the wrecked one off and leaving a 2” deep scrape in the asphalt from the busted up car. They caught him in 5 mins. I saw him at the very place where he hit me 6 months later. He said he was going to kick my ass. I turned and busted his nose and down he went. He didn’t want anymore of me. My brother was outside in his car waiting on me. When I got in he was laughing about how I dropped the guy. Brother asked who it was. When I told him my brother went in and drug him out to the parking lot and beat the hell out of him. We almost went to jail that day.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Circumcision when I was a baby - couldn't' walk for a couple of years

Scooter: Nov 1998-Jul 2011
    Otis: Oct 2010-Feb 2017

16. Member
    I have a lot of injuries. Spent lots of time in hospital as kid ( bmx, motorcycles, gocart falling out of tree from 25ft, etc). Totaled 4 cars before I was 20. My Dad worked for Allstate for over 30 years. 15 of it as accident investigator. Said 2 of the vehicle were just about worst he had ever seen. 2 motorcycle accidents (bad ones, one I got hit by a semi). Then USMC,, well got hurt few time there too.

My Mom told my wife that she always thought God had special plan for me is why I wasn't dead yet......She followed that with " We're still waiting".. lol
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Circumcision when I was a baby - couldn't' walk for a couple of years

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

18. Member
    Box cutter slipped of a box I was cutting open and I ran it up about 5 inches on the inside of my left arm. Fortunately a co-worker was a medic in the army and got a tourniquet on me to stop the bleeding which was bad. The Dr. at the E.R. told me if anybody wanted to kill themselves that would have be a good way to do it.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

19. Member
    Got knocked off a 2 story house setting trusses. The Gable truss was hung on a gang nail and one of my guys pushed it with a stud and I went flying. Landed flat on my back on a pile of blocks. Broke back,ribs,arm,wrist, etc. Horrible pain

Right wrist held together with titanium plates and several screws. Fell off top of a ladder about 7’ up. Ceiling tile grid won’t even slow you down on your decent.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast