Rod tube removal?

Have any of you removed the rod tubes from the storage lockers? I have a 2020 175 txw and feel like I would be able to fit so many more just using rod socks and taking those tubes out, however how hard are they to get out is the question?

2. Member
    Feel the same way. Crooked tubes following the contour of the bow is not a position I want my rods stored in for long periods. I pulled the front cover that the trolling motor and trim switch are in and peaking back towards the rod locker it appears there is foam around the sides and ends of the tubes that extend beyond the storage locker. So it looks like a dig out the tubes project and removing foam to get enough room to put a open box in the end of the locker to give room for the tips. I've thought about taking the black front covering that the tubes are in loose and see if it comes off easily but I'm half scared to mess with it. I have installed rod straps for the top of the deck on the port side and the starboard side has the one that came standard. I seldom take more than 4 rods with me so I may just use them for storage and skip that project. Generally don't have rod security issues when I'm fishing out of town and alway have the truck bed which is tonneau covered to lock them in if I am at a hotel. Let me know if you decide to dive in.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

3. Member
    If they have not changed all you got to do is drill out 2 rivets per tube and pull it out.