Question SideVu issue on 1120 kHz only (Em 93sv UHD + GT54UHD-TM)

Left side of my SideVu image is very dark and not same as right side when on 1120 kHz chirp frequency. The 455 kHz Side Vu, all other modes, and PLS look fine. This is a fairly recent Em 93SV UHD model with the GT54UHD-TM transducer. It wasn't always like that; I just noticed it the last few trips. I do not see any issue with the cradle, pins, cable, or connector pins. The TM is mounted on a kayak trolling motor, and has been fine since I installed it. I don't have another TD to swap out.

I am using the default settings. The latest update did not affect the issue. Dang it.

Guess I need to call support. It is under warranty. I'll have to take some screen shots first; I was going to do that tomorrow, as I am also dealing with a failed trolling motor (water got inside it) that had me paddling a mile yesterday, and so I had to unmount the TD. I have another TD mount for the kayak, so I will get some shots tomorrow without the trolling motor after I get it mounted. I hate paddling.

Not sure if 455 & 1120 kHz SideVu use the same pins for both freqs, but if so, since 455 kHz is fine, that kinda rules out the TD cable and connector. What do you think?

2. Member
    anything block on the left side? does it installed as horizontal as possible?
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

3. Member
    Nothing like that.

4. Member
    I know I need to get some pics, but the trolling motor is shot and I'm waiting for a new one, I've had to remove the XD from the trolling motor. PS Newport Vessels honored their tm warranty even though it was 20 days expired. Pics showed corrosion that was obviously older than that. So, I'd say they have some of the best customer service I've ever seen lately.

My plan is to test the GT54UHD XD using a different MFD - the EM Ultra 10 on my "big" boat. I'll just put it on a stick, plug it in, go to the nearest ramp, and get some screen captures. Hopefully I can squeeze that in the next couple days. If the XD has the issue on the Em ultra, then its the problem for sure, and knowing that will provide more info when I get with Garmin. I'll post the pics when I can.