Thread: Jacob Wheeler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    He has been on fire and is fun to watch..
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    He did something very classy on Champlain and i never even heard a comment about it. He was froggin in some slop, when it was time to run back to ramp he stopped and cleaned his trolling motor. Told his marshal didnt want that stuff flying in the marshals face on ride back in ! Little stuff like that tells you he is a class guy .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Banned
    Do you think he'll poach any BFL's... That'll really cement his #1 ranking if he can pull off a few wins at the local level... Dan

4. Member
    Maybe there is a Saturday nighter on Patoka he can make,lol.

5. Member
    I agree he’s the best in the business right now, seems like he can do it all. Jordan Lee not too far behind him. Those two are going to be fun to watch for a long time.

6. Member
    He's well above the competition right now. He has unbelievable skills technique wise paired with a with disciplined practice system that flat out works.

Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    And any format.
    And anytime of year also. There are some great fisherman out there and some do very well at certain times of the year but he's there all the time that's what's impressive. Jacob always seems to make the right choices on were to fish and not to fish and there have been right on the mark.

8. Member
    Great fisherman and great guy. Love the way he explains what he is doing and why.

9. Member
    Gheeze, wasn't that long ago that everybody on this site hated him because he wore a flat bill hat. Now everybody loves him. Is it his success or hat change?? Just wondering.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    Gheeze, wasn't that long ago that everybody on this site hated him because he wore a flat bill hat. Now everybody loves him. Is it his success or hat change?? Just wondering.
    Majority is the time in front of the camera. They were hoping he wouldn't be likeable.

11. TJNYSNP
    u can hear the suction of money going into his banck account from all these super tournaments. Feel sorry for the regular FLW pro guys getting all the prize money *and* air time on FLW live taken by the sharks from MLF.

He's a great teacher... speaks very well, clear, to the point. Cool accent .. a mix of Indianapolis and Tennessee :)

ridgerunner11 hit the nail on the head.

13. Member
    Dude is a flat out hammer. He’s willing to adapt and seems to always make the right decision. He’s one guy you watch and think he’s going to set the hook every cast.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

Wheeler on his finish yesterday.

"I'm so fortunate to get to do what I love and be successful at it and work with a lot of great companies. I've got a great wife and my little girl is healthy – my blessings are endless. There's a lot worse things going on in the world than me finishing in 2nd place by an ounce."

Read more: http://bassfan.com/news_article/1000...#ixzz6VCccroO6

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I've been pondering that question myself they were ridiculing his Flat Bill Hat and his manner of Speech evidently Flip Flops on the BBC aren't just a slip on comfortable type of sandal worn on the beach or on the casting decks of Bass Boats.

Now of course I would never ever want to remind anybody on the BBC of their previous attitude and statements toward Mr Wheeler

Last edited by fishinarc; 05-12-2021 at 06:02 AM.

17. Member
    Well, he did get rid of that hat.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    Many of us Hoosiers can remember Jacob Curtis coming into local tackle shops and hanging around boat ramps looking for a ride in a tourney. The boy would ride his bike to the local ramps with some rods in his hand looking for an empty backseat. He had the drive before he was ever a teenager to be a phenomenal fisherman and that drive is still present today. Congratulations to him for all the hard work in achieving his dream!
    Who is Jacob Curtis?

He is the best right now.

20. Member
    Where are all the wheeler haters now ? A fan from his beginning !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast