Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Did you try pulling the plug and backing the trailer to see if the brakes are working? Should lock up the tires. I would call EZ Loader and see who they recommend in your area to fix it. They have a 5 year warranty on the trailer, but according to the website, does not include the brakes. Those parts are covered by their own manufacturers' warranties. Who knows, they might cover it for you. Never hurts to ask.

2. Member
    yall I just rebuilt mine, new master cylinder shock and reverse lock out bypass about 125 bucks, dowel pins exactly 3 inches long by 3/4 inch. Knock out metal pins, wood will hold all together. Have to cit wires to solenoid and unscrew brake line....simple
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    harbour frieght has a air operated vacuum bleeder for 20 bucks
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    You need a new trailer repair shop. Surge brakes are so simple that any competent mechanic should be able to repair them in just a few hours even if the entire system needs to be replaced.
    100% correct.
    BTW, not all systems have a bypass valve, since I can tell you that my UFP Model A-60 7500# do not have a bypass, but a good old UFP Brake Actuator Side Lockout Bracket.

5. Member
    I you have a reverse bypass coil, activated by your reverse lights, it wentbad on mine and had zero brakes at all. Replaced and all good now.....
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    I you have a reverse bypass coil, activated by your reverse lights, it wentbad on mine and had zero brakes at all. Replaced and all good now.....
    Ron,
    How much was that reverse bypass coil? cause unless you really want to have that, just get the UFP Brake Actuator Side Lockout Bracket for 3.00 and very simple to use.

7. Member
    I believe the UFp reverse solenoid coil is around 85ish dollars but If they changed the entire actuator assy I’m pretty sure the solenoid comes with it

https://www.pacifictrailers.com/prod...yABEgIwfPD_BwE
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captainrab View Post
    I believe the UFp reverse solenoid coil is around 85ish dollars but If they changed the entire actuator assy I’m pretty sure the solenoid comes with it

https://www.pacifictrailers.com/prod...yABEgIwfPD_BwE
    That is the part I just bought, except mine is for drums, and no solenoid comes with it. My unit didn't have 1 to start, but I am sure you can connect the main line to the actuator direct like mine with no bypass.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Out of nowhere it seems, my surge breaks have lost all resistance. I can push and pull my tongue in and out 100% by hand. Fluid level is normal. Don’t see any leaks.

1. What could cause this?

2. Most important, does it have an easy fix. I don’t care about having brakes.
    I had the same situation as yours and I ended up replacing everything ( actuator, brake lines, entire brake assemblies for drum brakes, replace all hub seals and repacked all hubs). I bought everything from https://www.trailerpartsdepot.com (800) 628-1819, and it's not a cheap ordeal with quite of bit of time involved including a helper to bleed all the air out of the system.BTW, unless you have mechanical experience, get it done by someone that does.

I have had the reverse solenoid line rupture, but you'd notice that. My guess if your not loosing fluid somewhere is the reverse solenoid has engaged and is leaving the line open.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12