Thread: Mark Twain

Mark Twain

Wife and I were thinking of giving Mark Twain lake a try later I the month. I’ve never been there. Probably go during the week. I think we will launch at one of the Stoutsville boat ramps. Any advice on what to tie on, or what general areas to target? Right now I’m thinking main lake points next to channel swings, but any direction is much appreciated. Looking for bass but they don’t have to be biggins. Just wanna catch some fish. Thanks

2. Member
    Tough time of year to fish Twain..... pretty typical though as late summer can make the bite tough on many lakes in the Midwest.
    Anyway I'll throw a couple things at ya..... main lake points, secondary points good places to start. Texas rig, Carolina rig soft plastics, i.e. brush hog, 10" worms, etc.
    Might want to try flipping pole timber on these points targeting suspended fish. Probably going to have to move around a lot. Have a topwater bait tied on, especially if you see some surface activity.
    Make sure you have a good topo map of the lake..... timber can eat your prop/lower unit if you are not careful. Otter creek, across from Stoutsville ramp can ruin your day in a heartbeat. Lots of underwater trees you cannot see.

G'luck.

4. Member
    WB, I appreciate the info on finding the fish, you gave me exactly what I was looking for. I was not even thinking about being carful with submerged trees. I really am thankful for the warning!

showme, thank you for posting the team trail results! That is very helpful!