Thread: Skiatook

Skiatook

Headed down there Sat. to visit my BIL and was going early to get a little fishing in. Is it still tough? Any info that would help, is appreciated.

2. Banned

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Good luck! I don’t think it matters what lake you go fish. They all seem to suck at the moment. Maybe this weather change coming will change it up a little

4. Banned
    Moved to Skiatook about a month ago and my trips have been to other lakes just because of the big ski boat traffic headed that way. I hope it calms down in the fall right now you would have to be way up a creek to get out of waves.

I'll give up one tip taking my father there this weekend. When you come down 75 when you get to Copan take a right and go west on 20 to Rocky Forge boat ramp on Hula lake. Run up the river after the sun gets up every piece of wood you see will have fish on it. The river stratifies bad in the heat and all the fish will be within 3ft of the surface because of oxygen levels.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 08-14-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Moved to Skiatook about a month ago and my trips have been to other lakes just because of the big ski boat traffic headed that way. I hope it calms down in the fall right now you would have to be way up a creek to get out of waves.

I'll give up one tip taking my father there this weekend. When you come down 75 when you get to Copan take a right and go west on 20 to Rocky Forge boat ramp on Hula lake. Run up the river after the sun gets up every piece of wood you see will have fish on it. The river stratifies bad in the heat and all the fish will be within 3ft of the surface because of oxygen levels.
    Wish I could, but have to hit Skiatook. My BIL is going to get my wife after a couple hours. She can only last so long on the boat, unless the fish are biting great and by great, means almost every cast.

6. Banned
    Well I do know where almost every cast can happen but I would have to be there. Far as Skiatook I haven't heard anything but someone has to be catching the i passed 3 boats driving through town this morning headed that way. Good luck

Thanks, I will try and remember to let you all know how I did. Even if it was BAD

8. Member
    If crappie fishing Skiatook you catch them most of the day. The hotter the day the better the bite with them.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2013 Ranger Z520c w/Yamaha SHO 250

A small hint on Skiatook if you want to catch a lot of fish-----KENTUCKIES.

10. Banned
    Well how did you do?

Made it there around 7am and the parking lot was packed. There was a tournament going out of Black Beard ramp? I think it is called something like that. Caught 2-12" largemouth in 3.5 hours of fishing, then my trolling motor went down. Ultrex and it quit turning, had one minn kota before, but not an ultrex and now I remember why. I have had two and they both quit me while fishing. Lots of guys rigging points.

12. Member
    Dang that sucks about your trolling motor. I’m on my third Minnkota and I’ve never had a trouble with any of them, ever. currently have the Ultrex and love it so far. Only issue I’ve ever had was recently, and that was from the dealer making a poor connection to the heading sensor, five minute fix for me. Good luck hope it’s easily resolved.

13. Banned
    Sorry about the trolling motor. But you did better than us fishing had one hit at a buzz bait and miss.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Made it there around 7am and the parking lot was packed. There was a tournament going out of Black Beard ramp? I think it is called something like that. Caught 2-12" largemouth in 3.5 hours of fishing, then my trolling motor went down. Ultrex and it quit turning, had one minn kota before, but not an ultrex and now I remember why. I have had two and they both quit me while fishing. Lots of guys rigging points.
    We were there , won one of the events top waters real shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    We were there , won one of the events top waters real shallow.
    Congrats on the win, what did it take? I was wondering if there was more than one going on. There were allot of boats on the water.

16. Member
    We had a 11 boat derby three fish limit. Only five bass caught and we had three of them lol. It was tough although I missed three good ones that just didn't get pinned .